Gransnet forums

Chat

Carol - Suggestions

(68 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 02-Nov-13 22:37:52

Sorry to have to restart this thread but there's a limit to how many posts there can be on one and it was getting difficult to follow.

Please keep the suggestions coming - they are incredibly helpful. If we could try keep them all on this one thread though that would make it easier to keep track of. There are two other threads for updates and support.

Thank you all.

grannyactivist Sun 03-Nov-13 01:17:39

I think it's really important to keep the media briefed on any progress (or lack of) or any new facts that emerge – this will help to keep them on side and more importantly will hopefully keep the story in the news. Stories like this can slip off the radar very quickly once a piece has been aired and we want to keep it current.

Marelli Sun 03-Nov-13 07:13:55

May have chosen the wrong thread for this. Did Carol need medication for any condition she may have? Is there any way of finding whether she had this with her (Dosette etc)? Would there be any meds so important that they must be taken regularly?

MiceElf Sun 03-Nov-13 07:30:06

She said she she took a very low dose of Ramiptil, a blood pressure medication. Missing that is probably not too serious.

GadaboutGran Sun 03-Nov-13 08:25:05

Feeding the story is a useful reminder GA. Some of us have been & still are working really hard to get the story into papers who haven't yet run it, especially using our links to the Guardian such as ex-pupils who work for them. Gransnetters can help by clicking LIKE on any media Facebook sites & other forum. It doesn't matter how well you knew Carol - just do it. She's had a major impact on Gransnet & is still in her absence kicking some of us up the backside by making us learn how to use Twitter etc.

whenim64 Sun 03-Nov-13 08:28:25

Such great comments and practical suggestions, which the family really do appreciate. I have learned to use Twitter in the last few days, having put it off for over a year. Yes, please keep up the momentum.

glammanana Sun 03-Nov-13 09:17:53

when do we know if any of Carol's immediate neighbours at her apartment block had seen her on the day she went missing or was it just the janitor ? I know that some of the apartments aren't occupied on a permanent basis,just thinking that someone who was staying maybe over that week-end may be of help if they had seen her.

Maniac Sun 03-Nov-13 09:19:44

Did Carol belong to Friends Reunited or any school/work associations which may have members who can publicise her story.

Grannylin Sun 03-Nov-13 09:28:20

www.ledauphine.com/haute-savoie/2013/11/02/une-britannique-disparue-depuis-lundi

In the local paper at last

whenim64 Sun 03-Nov-13 09:29:48

glamma it was a male neighbour. Many of the apartments nearby are holiday lets and temporarily occupied by people who don't know Carol. The janitor spoke to police, too.

Don't think Carol was on Friends Reunited, or school associations.

Elegran Sun 03-Nov-13 10:07:48

I assume that her home landline phone has been checked for any helpful messages, in or out?

whenim64 Sun 03-Nov-13 10:09:56

Yes, Elegran.

merlotgran Sun 03-Nov-13 10:28:31

From what granjura has said on the updates thread, it looks as though Carol was just popping out for a short while. As it was raining she obviously wasn't going walking but if the weather changed for the better and she wasn't in a hurry to get home, she might have decided to go for a drive instead.

Mountain roads and slippery conditions???

Doesn't explain the lack of communication for the previous 24hrs but if it was a walking accident surely they'd have found the car by now?

whenim64 Sun 03-Nov-13 10:34:06

She's got specific tyres on her 4x4 for those conditions, Merlot

Psammy Sun 03-Nov-13 10:51:26

This from mumsnet (I hope you do not mind my liasing between this forum and mumsnet, it's just that there is a very active interest over there in this, and people are coming up with suggestions and thoughts, as well as prayers and support)

ChippingIn would like to know whether her mobile phone has been checked up on.

"when she left her phone was working, a few days later it ran out of battery (well it stopped working, presumably ran out of battery). The phone company would be able to tell the police roughly where it was last being used (this might still cover a reasonable area, but it might narrow it down somewhat)."

Galen Sun 03-Nov-13 10:52:33

But were they on her car? She might not have put them on yet. Might be useful to know as it could possibly give hint as to where she might have been going.

grannyactivist Sun 03-Nov-13 11:27:07

https://www.facebook.com/ThisMorning
Have just posted the link to carol's 'Missing' page on the This Morning FB page - if others can do the same then it may generate further publicity.

glassortwo Sun 03-Nov-13 11:35:22

grannya I tweeted them the other day along with a few others, so they may already have had something.

Dresden Sun 03-Nov-13 12:03:39

I was thinking that if it was raining when Carol went out, maybe she didn't go straight to a beauty spot/walking area? Maybe she decided to stop off somewhere on the way while waiting to see if the weather cleared. I am thinking of something like a farm shop/garden centre/somewhere under cover. Obviously those posters who know her well will have an idea of what might have interested her.

Tegan Sun 03-Nov-13 12:07:10

I'm still unsure about the timeline of events leading up to this ie last phone call/internet activity/sighting etc.

glassortwo Sun 03-Nov-13 12:12:45

I have posted in the wrong thread, doesnt take much to confuse me.

I have sent off another batch of tweets to the organisations I sent to previously, and emailed Sky News.

whenim64 Sun 03-Nov-13 12:16:22

Please read the threads going way back, folks. These questions have been addressed. Carol has those special tyres on, yes.

Aka Sun 03-Nov-13 12:18:00

If there is this 24 hour disparity between her last communications and being seen by her neighbour driving off, then could he possibly be mistaken or even lying?

whenim64 Sun 03-Nov-13 12:19:22

Psammy thanks for liaising on Mumset - a few of us are also visiting there, but it's hectic behind the scenes. Yes, police know all about her phone activity. If you ask Mumsnetters to check back on Gransnet threads first, we can cut time answering repeat questions. Thanks.

whenim64 Sun 03-Nov-13 12:21:23

Police do have a timeline of her sightings, phone calls and online activity. Checking bank details and sightings on traffic cameras will fill in gaps. They do know a lot now.