Gransnet forums

Chat

Presents for special birthdays

(62 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 04-Mar-14 11:45:58

I have been asked three times already this week (and it's only Tuesday!) for ideas for 50th birthday presents.

Now clearly it depends on who it's for, how much you want to spend, and in some cases where the recipient lives. But - this notwithstanding - we thought it would actually be rather useful to have some great ideas for gifts special/landmark birthdays so next time someone asks we can point them in this direction.

Love to hear your thoughts - for 50th, 60th, 70th (or any other). If it's more suited to one specific age do just add that in the post.

In the meantime...just realised I too have to buy a 50th birthday present this week blush So help very gratefully received!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 05-Mar-14 14:34:44

Happy birthday seasider

Gosh there are lots of us today! Must be a VERY special day indeed grin

gillybob my best present cost not a penny and came (a little too early) this morning from my 5yo. One hundred kisses and one hundred cuddles. Not easy to wrap but pretty unbeatable.

gillybob Wed 05-Mar-14 16:08:12

What a lovely present Cari I do hope you are keeping a tally of cuddles and kisses taken. That way, when you are feeling a little sad, you can cash them in ! smile

rockgran Wed 05-Mar-14 16:12:27

When I turned 60 my son and his wife paid for a day at a spa for me and my best friend. They realised I would not want to go alone. We had a super day and I thought this was very thoughtful and special.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 05-Mar-14 16:17:45

gillybob I may have lost count on purpose so we might have to start again grin

annodomini Wed 05-Mar-14 17:05:39

Happy birthday to all who have one today. sunshine

Humbertbear Wed 05-Mar-14 18:29:22

My husband plays the piano and for his 50th I bought an experience from a well known company and he played the organ in Gloucester Cathedral. He has also had a Falconry Day. Some websites sell vouchers that allow the recipient to choose. I bought my son one where the choice was a makeover for 2, indoor rock climbing or dinner at a Conran restaurant. No prizes for guessing what he and his wife did. I was bought a spa day in a stressful year and it was wonderful.

annodomini Wed 05-Mar-14 19:15:02

22 years ago, for my DS1's 21's birthday, I bought him a day out at Oulton Park race track, driving a rally car and a racing car - not Formula 1, though. It was quite a thrill for him and I enjoyed watching him.

Penstemmon Thu 06-Mar-14 16:32:36

Happy Belated birthday cari & seasider I was too busy celebrating to get onto GN! Hope you both had lovely celebrations!

Went to the National Theatre to see Taste of Honey and then for a scrumptious Lebanese meal with friends in Wandsworth! Great day!

seasider Fri 07-Mar-14 00:02:57

Thanks everybody. I had a lovely day with family. smile

Ariadne Fri 07-Mar-14 06:34:55

Even more belated happy birthday from me!

Gally Fri 07-Mar-14 07:33:07

From me too - always behind like a donkey's tail blush flowers