Gransnet forums

Chat

I think I might stay!

(33 Posts)
MammaTJ Sat 11-Oct-14 11:07:47

I am a Mumsnet refugee! My DD1 got married this year and they are trying for a baby. I will hopefully be a Gran soon enough, so may as well stay around.

I do also have two younger DC, DD2, age 9 and DS age 8.

I am a student nurse in my late mid 40s.

So, how about you tell me a little bit about you? grin

Pittcity Sun 12-Oct-14 10:12:30

I do hope some of you stay smile

I inhabit both universes, but lean more to GN now that I am a gran.

Hope you have all taken a look at your Gransnet and Mumsnet local sites and added something to them.

MammaTJ Sun 12-Oct-14 14:03:20

Oh, I am definitely staying.

I don't like the echo in the MN local site, is it less empty over here?

Nelliemoser Sun 12-Oct-14 15:59:17

MamaTJ Welcome. I am 66. I have been on here since about March 2012 . One 2yr old DGS and a newly announced sibling for him due in late April.

MY DD Started a nursing course when she was 27. That was a huge surprise to me as it was a career I had ever imagined she would do.

Good luck with your course. It must be very hard doing that with children.
I admire your determination.

glammanana Sun 12-Oct-14 16:32:45

Welcome MamaTJ I will confess to being 60ish with 3 grown DCs and 7 DGCs all grown up for last two who are 11 & 13.
I have been here on GN since day one and enjoy the discussions and competitions which I have been very lucky with.
No zimmer frames or lap-top rugs here,I am still firmly still a slave to my levi jeans ankle boots and long hair but I do conform some of the time when I have to,so enjoy the forum and keep posting,I do go over over to visit the other side quite a bit and find it very fast but interesting.grin

shysal Sun 12-Oct-14 17:21:51

Welcome MammaTJ, you have years of fun ahead of you as a grandmother! Those of us with blue names have visible profiles, although there is nothing very interesting on mine. I have dipped into MN on the odd occasion, but there is just too much content on there for me to plough through, so I prefer the more sedate flow of threads on here.
Hope you won't need the benefit of our revelations about facial whiskers, dribbling and 'senior moments' for many years to come! grin

Margsus Sun 12-Oct-14 17:25:04

Hi Mamma, I'm 65, married for 36 years and have a wonderful 5 month old granddaughter. I haven't been on here for too long, but enjoy dipping in and out.

Icyalittle Sun 12-Oct-14 17:33:49

Great to have some new faces around! I'm 66, retired last year, but now a School Governor 50 miles away, first GC last year who is gorgeous, elderly 90+ mother who is less so. Two DCs, both married, and I live in Wiltshire with my DH, married for 44 years. I wander into MN from time to time and always have a good chortle at MN weekly newsletters.