Gransnet forums

Chat

Not Good Morning!

(70 Posts)
grannylyn65 Sun 24-Jan-16 05:12:27

Won't bore you with details!

Badenkate Sun 24-Jan-16 16:27:59

I had to google it as well, and it really does sound very downing if you are suffering from an attack. I'm also not sending you cake or chocolate but a big hug and some more flowers flowers xxx

grannylyn65 Sun 24-Jan-16 16:39:41

Thanks all xxx?

annodomini Sun 24-Jan-16 17:45:26

That sounds like a very nasty condition, Grannylynn. I wish you'd explained that sooner, but I expect you just felt like curling up and turning your back on the world. There is probably someone here who shares your problems, but in the meantime, don't hesitate to tell us what is really wrong,

grannylyn65 Sun 24-Jan-16 21:15:12

Tbh am barely functional on bad days, but have perked up a bit, thanks x

Indinana Sun 24-Jan-16 21:40:01

Oh grannylyn that sounds absolutely horrid. And I can empathise as I have diverticulosis and a prolapsed vaginal wall, which impacts on both my bowel and bladder functions. I imagine you are a bit like me in that it feels almost impossible to make definite plans as you never know from one day to the next how your body is going to behave. If so, you really have my sympathy (well you do anyway, regardless!). I feel as though it completely controls my entire life - I won't say it ruins it, but it certainly rules it.
I hope you're soon back to having a run of good days flowers and (((hugs)))

ninathenana Sun 24-Jan-16 22:10:48

DD 's SO has the same condition grannylyn his is due to complications arising from T1 diabetes.
He has been hospitalized on a few occasions.
You have my sympathy flowers

grannylyn65 Mon 25-Jan-16 11:40:50

Yes, Indiana in some ways it rules my life ie if I make plans with friends they know to confirm on the day itself. Also I get in a panic if asked for lunch etc!!

Indinana Mon 25-Jan-16 15:31:01

Oh I can relate to the panic thing with lunch invites!
Just imagine, then, how riddled with anxiety I was when my daughter was due to give birth last summer and I was her birthing partner. She was booked in for a C-section and had to be there at 7.30 am. OMG, I thought, mornings are the worst time for me shock. I got up at 4.30 so I had loads of time for my innards to settle. I was worried to death that I'd need an urgent dash to the loo while I was in theatre.
As it turned out I felt better than I had for months and it all went so well <phew>

grannylyn65 Mon 25-Jan-16 18:50:56

I think that on reflection it's all Facebooks fault! My DD unfortunately posts all her most personal details and I hate it. However, and it's a big one! As my illness progressed over 4 years and people saw my weight drop to 6st, they were concerned.
Rather than contacting every one when I had anything to report, I would just insert an emoticon on FB, from ? to ? to indicate how I was.
Or, just say ' not a good day ' and people would know.
So, I wasn't trying to be clever or annoying when I posted 'not a good day' it is as it is, and now I have lots of lovely feedback which really cheered me. And today is ?

Luckygirl Mon 25-Jan-16 20:03:58

I do relate to your post Indinana - when I have to collect my DGD for the day, I have to miss breakfast because I know it will trip the switch that causes gastro-intestinal chaos, which is not pleasant when behind the wheel.

Judthepud2 Mon 25-Jan-16 22:40:04

Grannylyn65 so sorry you are having a bad day. There is nothing that can pull a person down than chronic ill health.

Have you ever tried going on to the 'Soop's Kitchen' thread? A warm and supportive place where you will always get a bit of positive support. I strongly recommend it if you find the hurly burly of the main threads a bit much to cope with when you are feeling low.

flowers

grannylyn65 Tue 26-Jan-16 15:37:06

Will try that Jud, thanks x

loopylou Tue 26-Jan-16 15:52:02

I have IBS and unfortunately know all to well about the difficulties (and embarrassment) involved with having highly unpredictable guts.
I'm looking after dgs for a week soon and fervently hoping that my guts behave. It's awful having your mornings ruled by it.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 26-Jan-16 16:19:18

Since this post insists on rearing it's ugly head, can I just say that, "[odd kissing emoticon] to nice people xxx", must be the most childish thing I have ever read on these forums.

grin

loopylou Tue 26-Jan-16 16:34:43

Got out the wrong side of bed today jingl?

Since when has a discussion about ,and support for an op, concerning an unpleasant and debilitating medical condition merited being called the most childish thing I have ever read on these forums?

Clearly, as you've told so many others, if you don't like the thread then don't read it.
And'if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything ' springs to mind.

hmm

Tegan Tue 26-Jan-16 16:44:37

flowers...for those of us who are slaves to our digestive systems..[we know who we are!].

loopylou Tue 26-Jan-16 16:56:14

Thank you Tegan!
It's a pretty lonely place sometimes, isn't it?

Tegan Tue 26-Jan-16 17:12:08

I'm off to the theatre tonight. Getting nervous already; always have to have an aisle seat and plan my meals for the whole day.....

loopylou Tue 26-Jan-16 17:23:59

Been there, done it (and missed the film...) ?