Gransnet forums

Chat

Annoying adverts

(57 Posts)
Angib Wed 15-Feb-17 18:46:36

Just watched the Ariel washing gel advert. Have we brought up a generation that doesn't know that you keep washing powder away from children and have to be told to do so. I assume they say it to stop themselves being sued.

NanaandGrampy Thu 16-Feb-17 17:15:33

ah but Sarah have you noticed those we buy any car ads have changed and now they say things like - we could have sold for more but our time was more valuable?

Huge con in my opinion - everyone wants the most they can get for their car and they're an idiot if they sell through these people.

Ana Thu 16-Feb-17 17:25:14

I don't see that ad as sending up women at all! confused

(but perhaps addition of the new woman is sending up men...)

lizzypopbottle Thu 16-Feb-17 17:46:22

Haven't read all these yet so apologies if someone else has mentioned the bingo and gaming ads that suggest you'll have brilliant fun with a group of friends while you're tapping the screen and wasting money all by yourself in your sitting room.

chicken Fri 17-Feb-17 09:27:52

I love the Specsavers ad with the dead "cat" which turns out to be a fur hat---and the gulp from the real cat!

starbird Fri 17-Feb-17 11:27:33

I am furious about the new Nestle ad for water. Apart from spring water which is a separate issue, this company has bought the land with water rights in some areas for a ridiculously low price, 'purifies' it, adds a few minerals, bottles it and sells it at an inflated price. Even when there was (still is) a drought in California they continue to pump water there, and likewise in Pakistan they are pumping huge quantities of water so that the water table is lowered and wells run dry. The villagers no longer have clean drinking water and cannot irrigate crops. The local people have no money to buy the bottled water. Of course ultimately the landowner was to blame for selling the land with the water rights, but also Nestle can see what they are doing to the local population and carry on making a fortune regardless. The ad' says spread the message about Nestle Pure Water - I am doing it - DON't BUY IT! See www.globalresearch.ca/the-privatisation-of-water-nestle-denies-that-water-is-a-fundamental-human-right/5332238?print=1

vampirequeen Fri 17-Feb-17 18:31:59

I love the strutting men, the builders and the woman at the end. I love the way the builders slope off and the strutters run away.

I've been on a Warner's holiday. They're so much fun. We never sat around staring into space like they seem to in the adverts. Also I never met anyone who was so negative about children.