Gransnet forums

Chat

Riveting news

(56 Posts)
Teetime Mon 08-May-17 08:53:21

I just thought I would share with you that I'm giving the oven its bi-annual (or should that be twice a year) clean today- its horrendous I hate it. Why don't I do it more often then it wouldn't be so bad. Given that I am obsessive about cleaning and organising everything else what's going on here. Oh well off I go. sad

Faye Wed 10-May-17 20:33:53

Jalima I didn't know Huntsman spiders bite. confused Also apparently my medium is your large but... grin you now have giant Huntsman spiders in the UK.

Jalima1108 Wed 10-May-17 20:37:04

Oh no, didn't know they had invaded the UK
I got bitten in Australia, it was quite a small one but packed a punch!

Jane10 Wed 10-May-17 21:02:44

Nooooooooo just nooooooooo!shock

Faye Wed 10-May-17 21:56:09

I once saw one big as big as a saucer. Years ago I was in bed and the door was open. I saw the legs of a huge Huntsman on the door frame as he was slowly coming into my bedroom. My DH was not home and I had to run through the doorway to get the spray.

When I was about eight I put my pyjamas on and felt something on my back, it was a big Huntsman clinging onto my pyjama top. Eeeeeeek!

People over here say leave them alone, they won't hurt you and they eat flies. No one has ever said they bite, I don't think people know that. They think of them as big harmless spiders.

Jalima1108 Wed 10-May-17 23:35:33

EEEK!!
I did put my hand on it because I didn't know it was there so I suppose it reacted by biting me. It felt like a red hot needle going down my finger.