Gransnet forums

Chat

What was your favourite comic or character

(107 Posts)
Kacee Fri 12-May-17 11:25:08

Inspired by the topper thread. What was your favourite comic when you were younger. Mine was Bunty, used to cut out the doll and clothes from the back page. As I got older I moved on to Jackie which I loved.
Dd used to love the Beano and I still buy her the Annual every year and she is 37 smile

goldengirl Sun 14-May-17 17:30:55

I remember Princess but it wasn't my favourite. It's funny how some of us weren't allowed the Beano and the Dandy. I was only allowed them if I was ill! I enjoyed them but preferred the more 'girly' ones. As a teen I went on to New Musical Express!

Bbnan Sun 14-May-17 18:50:45

Adored comics as a child ...got Bunty and Mandy. ..swooped for Judy and Beano ...loved the dolls clothes on the back.....brothers got topper wizard dandy victor hotspur...I read them all.....moved on to jackie and Scarlett letter....then mills and boon. At Christmas a few years ago they brought out a Jackie annual...my sons bought it for me and a cd of Jackie hits...Marc Bolan David Bowie Rod Stewart David Essex Donny Osmond and many more..part 2 folowed the next year still play them in the car great memories!!

Maggiemaybe Sun 14-May-17 19:02:58

Oh, was Princess the small comic book with just one picture story in each? I used to love those.

acanthus Sun 14-May-17 20:00:14

'Girl' for me; 'Eagle' for my older brother. I used to read both. In 'Girl' I remember Lettice Leafe and Belle of the Ballet which dear brother always referred to as 'Belly' of the Ballet, just to annoy me. In the 'Eagle' I loved Dan Dare, especially the Mekon and the Treens, and also Harris Tweed inside. I also loved the historical back page stories, although I think they wouldn't pass the Politically Correct criteria now!

ZumersetGal Sun 21-May-17 08:00:45

Being a tomboy, I read my brother's Beano & Topper. My sister had the Diana & such like but they never appealed to me. I did have the one from Pogels Wood for a while , Pippin was it? But I preferred the actual TV programme . I loved 'Watch With Mother' & 'Lusten With Mother'.

Bobbysgirl19 Sun 21-May-17 19:55:44

Beano, Dandy or Topper whilst younger. The Girl when I got a bit older. Also loved having the Girl Annual at Christmas.