Gransnet forums

Chat

51 years ago

(127 Posts)
silverlining48 Fri 15-Sep-17 14:11:30

On this day, an astonishing 51 years ago, my husband and i met in the bali hai club above silver blades ice rink in streatham, london. The beginning of many years of joy, happiness and mutual appreciation. If only. ....In truth of course there have been a few ups and downs but we have somehow managed to stay the course. He is a good man, mostly. ?
We are now a bit wiser and a whole lot older. So what are we doing today in celebration of this anniversary? we have just returned from looking at woodburning stoves and had a nice lunch on the way back. Now its feet up time before getting on with whatever we have to do next.
Where and how long ago did you all meet.

Redhead56 Wed 13-Jul-22 10:45:38

We met over forty five years ago at a social club through my sisters boyfriend we were just friends for years. We come from different cultural back grounds religion etc and didn’t have anything in common.

We met again after a quite a few years as I was bringing up my children and getting a divorce. We have been very happily married for over twenty five years now we are still total opposites but it works.