Gransnet forums

Chat

What a lot of miserable old buggers some of you are!

(132 Posts)
Anya Wed 08-Nov-17 10:50:29

I’ll post then run for the hills ???

Just reading through threads this morning and left asking ‘is it me?’

An example, someone comes up with an idea they are really keen on and at least half the posters rain on their parade. Or someone is asking for advice and off some of us go just talking about ourselves and ignoring the OP’s request. Reminds me of those ‘friends’ (ex-friends) who monopolise the conversation.

Then there’s those who seem to think you and on the downward side of the hill after you hit 70 and are getting rid of ‘stuff’ from their lives, presumably in expectation of shuffling off this mortal coil in the not too distance future. Now I’m not a hoarder by any means and anything that wasn’t beautiful, useful or had sentimental value was ditched along the way even when I was young. So what is their point now?

Then there’s the old sparring partners who’ve been getting digs (and sometimes ‘slings and arrows’) at a particular poster who they fell out with in 1066 and seem to live for the chance to twist the knife.

And of course, extremely irritating, those who don’t read the thread and other posts and say exactly what I’ve just said as if they had just had the most amazing idea. And even more irritating those who comment on that post ‘that’s a great idea why didn’t someone else think if thst?’ (they did - me ?) making it a double whammy. Grrrr...

Then, there those with a listening ear, a bit of common sense and, above all, logic ....thank god.

lemongrove Sat 11-Nov-17 15:55:09

grin
Barry and Big Jim will both be looking forward to your visit!

Anya Sat 11-Nov-17 20:38:28

That’s exactly whist I meant Kitty but it does sort of prove my point about MOBs that you have to point that out to some posters.

Tegan2 Sat 11-Nov-17 20:46:34

Meaning me [?]....

Anya Sat 11-Nov-17 20:50:36

I think my OP was quite clear.

annsixty Sat 11-Nov-17 21:49:54

How miserable am I ?
I spent a couple of hours drinking cocktails in a bar in Manchester this week, so enjoyed it at my grand old age and am planning to go again as soon as I can.
I just have to save up the pension, arrange sitters for the old man and get a pass from the C and the GC.?

Anya Sat 11-Nov-17 23:01:33

Go for it Ann ??