Gransnet forums

Chat

What’s in your kitchen drawer?

(57 Posts)
Daddima Thu 14-Dec-17 17:17:27

I might have asked this before, but I think there are things everyone has in their kitchen drawers. Here are some for starters;

Old batteries
Clothes pegs
Instruction booklets for items long gone.
Elastoplast
Takeaway menus
Paracetamol

And many more.......

goldengirl Sun 17-Dec-17 11:51:48

If we can't find something it's the first place to look before moving on to the drawers in the hall, before moving on to the drawers in the dining room, before moving on to the drawers in the sitting room.........Get the picture????? grin

Maggiemaybe Sun 17-Dec-17 18:59:13

I've got my oven gloves on a towel rail tucked in between the sink and dishwasher. Right at the back, out of sight and out of mind. blush

I've been doing a bit of drawer sorting today - we've dismantled an old desk and need space to transfer all the stuff to (that's three drawers and three shelves worth). I've come to the conclusion that half the drawers in our house are just full of miscellaneous crap junk. Every single one has at least four or five old keys, for starters.

Jalima1108 Sun 17-Dec-17 20:06:07

We've had a drawer sort today too.
It must be a Christmas thing

Maggiemaybe Sun 17-Dec-17 20:39:45

Well, I hope yours look better than mine, Jalima. I've managed to find homes for all the extra junk, and thrown a bag full of rubbish away, but there's still no system to speak of. It would help if DH would empty his tie drawer - the only one he's worn since he retired is his black one!

Jalima1108 Sun 17-Dec-17 20:43:57

The ties had a sort last week!!
Just two are being thrown out.

I must sort out my socks hmm

Jalima1108 Sun 17-Dec-17 20:44:29

It was only the cutlery drawer that got a sort out today btw