Gransnet forums

Chat

Cordless stick vacuums

(34 Posts)
Luckygirl Wed 04-Apr-18 19:03:59

Anyone got one? Any recommendations?

I have been looking these up and am surprised to see that the charge only lasts between 10 and 20 minutes; even the expensive Dyson ones - is this really how it is? Doesn't seem much to me.

All advice gratefully received - many thanks.

Jalima1108 Thu 05-Apr-18 23:08:05

I have a robot too but it is a bit temperamental.

Jangran99 Thu 05-Apr-18 23:27:27

I was lucky enough to win a Shark cordless in a GN competition and I LOVE it. I already had a Dyson but that is now on light duties upstairs and the Shark is my go-to for all the harder jobs,especially the car.
Admittedly it is heavier than the Dyson.Its best feature is the fact it has 2 batteries so I can get much longer cleaning time by always having a charged battery ready for use.Of course it can also be hand held and has a great range of tools for every job.

Luckygirl Wed 25-Apr-18 18:20:08

One of the reasons I am looking at a cordless is that we only have one carpeted room - the rest are parquet with large rugs on top. The Roomba does the carpeted room just fine, but not the wood floors - it does not get the fluff off the carpet edges. And doing that is a fiddle!

callgirl1 Wed 25-Apr-18 21:15:54

I have a G Tech, plus the little Multi, and I love `em! Hoovering takes much less time, as has been said, because there`s no messing about getting plugged in and manoeuvering (sp) around the house, and the charge lasts 40 minutes, plenty of time.

Luckygirl Thu 26-Apr-18 12:54:21

I have finally taken the plunge and ordered a Dyson V7 Motorhead - it was on offer and looked a very good deal. Fingers crossed!

Avamiller Mon 01-Apr-19 10:42:34

The Dyson vacuum cleaner is widely considered as one of the best vacuum cleaner. What exactly makes them best is their design that is quite functional as well as beautiful. In addition to this their price is something that also plays a significant role in making them best. They are having more features as compared to other vacuum cleaners and some of their features that make them famous are

Thingmajig Mon 01-Apr-19 11:29:04

I've had my Dyson DC44 (I think) for 5 years now and it still works perfectly. The charge lasts more than long enough to do as much as I need and has only ever run out during more intensive cleaning up after having work done in the house.
Best thing ever in my humble opinion.

Avamiller Thu 25-Apr-19 16:43:51

very nice review smartercomputingblog.com/dyson-v6-vs-v7-vs-v8-vs-v10/