Gransnet forums

Chat

Stubborn 3yr old Granddaughter

(79 Posts)
Popalina Wed 11-Jul-18 09:24:15

Morning all. I’m just wondering how you cope when your daughter talks to you about her very stubborn but gorgeous 3yr old daughter.
GD just wants her own way! She goes into a temper tantrum and Mummy and Daddy stand with her trying to reason and explain but still she cries in temper for her own way (which she often gets in the end).
I find it very frustrating to see all this reasoning and explaining and just wish they would say “we said no and no is what I mean. End of conversation”
When my daughter asks for my advice, I have to tread carefully as her idea of discipline is very different from mine.
On the plus side, my GD is well behaved and has perfect manners when she is with me.
She is also a good girl most of the time, it’s just these “temper moments”I find difficult to watch, I have to walk away, incase I say something to upset my daughter.
Thanks for listening. ?

MissAdventure Sun 15-Jul-18 18:04:42

I would go over and speak to my parents, and reiterate that my word is final regarding my child.
Three bags of crisps is ridiculous, and I would not allow it. End of.

PamelaJ1 Sun 15-Jul-18 18:28:08

I was in a queue at the till in a Budgens many years ago when a little girl threw a tantrum because she wanted some sweets. She was at the next till so not holding us up.
We all listened and gave each other ‘looks’ but were, I’m sure’ on the mother’s side.
As the mother gave in there was a collective sigh, similar to the sound that goes round Wimbledon when a player makes a crucial mistake. We were on her side and wanted her to win.

petra Sun 15-Jul-18 18:32:18

Greengran78
Thank you for your post, it made perfect sense to me.