Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Fri 02-Nov-18 06:36:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just getting bright here in Brackley but its also cold and frosty.
Getting prepared for my weekend away , will be back on Tuesday.
Staying in a chalet which seem to face inland according to the map, of the site, but not far from Yarmouth ,and two trips planned as part of the intinary , one round island whistle stop and the other somewhere of note.
we get a packed lunch each day , maybe cramming in allot in a short while and parking a coach etc.
Mick

Auntieflo Fri 02-Nov-18 10:19:41

Morning Mick, Annie and all. Mick, hope you enjoy your few days away. We love the IOW, had our honeymoon there, many years ago, and returned for our 50th, 7 years ago now. Glad to hear Kitty is feeling better. NanKate, enjoy your new car. It is lovely and sunny here, but very sharp. We’ve just come back from having our flu jabs. Dropped DH at another surgery for an ultrasound scan. He has to drink loads of water and is very nervous that he won’t be able to ‘hold’ it. I am defrosting 2nd freezer, and pottering until he needs picking up. Will make a Tuna fish pie for supper, then finish some sewing.
Have a good day and get better all thise under the weather.

Mapleleaf Fri 02-Nov-18 10:24:30

Good morning to you all.
It's a beautiful day so far, with a clear blue sky and bright sunshine. It's cold, though, but I'm going to wrap up warm and go for a brisk walk.
Have a fantastic time, mick. I've never been to the IoW, but hear it's a lovely place.
We'll open the virtual champagne when your kitchen is complete, *Marydoll", so here's hoping it's very soon!!?
Have a lovely day, everyone.

Applegran Fri 02-Nov-18 10:30:05

Good morning everyone! It is frosty, blue and beautiful! Have just given breakfast in bed to a friend , who is here recovering from illness - and we will be talking a lot, when she has the energy, plus maybe playing a board game. Do others on GN play board games?

P3terpan Fri 02-Nov-18 10:35:30

Good morning all a lovely frosty sunny morning here in Shropshire. Been for a lovely walk in Attingham Park and back home for a cup of tea then packing for a trip to Canada where I know it’ll be freezing

LuckyFour Fri 02-Nov-18 10:36:02

Lovely bright morning here in Devon, although cold. Just returned from great trip to see the Mary Rose in Portsmouth. Fabulous.
This pm having skin tag near my eye removed. Yikes.

dragonfly46 Fri 02-Nov-18 10:45:58

Just waiting for the taxi to take us to the station as going to London for the weekend to babysit the grandchildren.

mokryna Fri 02-Nov-18 10:49:25

Good morning (just), Cold but very sunny in Versailles. Have a wonderful afternoon. I'm off to Paris.

Senectus Fri 02-Nov-18 11:09:09

Morning all - it’s been 33C (91F) today here in Melbourne, Australia. Am English myself so well remember the onset of winter. We’re heading into a long weekend with the Melbourne Cup next Tuesday - many will take
Monday off. Time to throw a few prawns on the BBQ and sup some good fizz. Have a good weekend all.

inishowen Fri 02-Nov-18 11:29:30

Good morning everyone. We woke up to a hard frost but it's cleared now. We've been looking after our 6 year old granddaughter all week as it's half term. It's been tiring! Anyway the washing is on and life is good.

Cambia Fri 02-Nov-18 12:28:40

Good morning everyone from a warm and sunny Crete. Now you didn’t want to know that did you? November can be cool and wet but this week has been gorgeous with mid twenties, my favourite temperature! Bedding washed this morning and out on the line, back on the bed straightaway, smelling of fresh air. That is what I really like about being abroad at this time of year.

sue01 Fri 02-Nov-18 12:44:07

Good morning all from rural Northants. A beautiful day, bright blue sky and sunshine. Just lit the first fire of the year and am waiting for a friend to arrive for Afternoon Tea. Have a wonderful day !

Craftycat Fri 02-Nov-18 13:09:58

Good afternoon from sunny Surrey.
Sunny but chilly especially as sun is low this time of year so getting lost behind big trees next door which means I can't dry my washing outside this time of year.
Nothing much planned for weekend except going to see BoRap film on Sunday. DH massive Queen fan so he is very excited ( I haven't the heart to tell him the reviews aren't great & without Freddie it is bound to be a disappointment- should have just remembered all the gigs we went to in the day!)
Have a good weekend everyone.

Patticake123 Fri 02-Nov-18 13:22:43

Good morning, here in New York City it is very warm and a bit humid as it was raining during the night. I fear the cold NY winter is waiting just around the corner and believe me, it gets really , really cold!

Irenelily Fri 02-Nov-18 13:29:38

Hi from sunny north Cambridgeshire. Being “looked after” at my eldest daughter’s farm after a spell in hospital. I “blacked out” due to low sodium! Never knew it was that important! I was so lucky my youngest daughter was visiting as I lost their stepdad earlier in the year and not sure what would have happened had I been alone! Family have been amazing and I’m getting stronger everyday, so I join you all in being thankful for this beautiful day!

nonnasusie Fri 02-Nov-18 14:05:19

Good afternoon from very wet Italy! It's been raining for a week almost non stop? . We are fortunate here as we are not flooded but many areas have suffered badly!

Magicmaggie Fri 02-Nov-18 15:27:15

Hello from a lovely sunny day in Malvern.
Just come back from a visit and lunch at our local
garden centre.
It was nice enough to eat outside.

Mollyplop Fri 02-Nov-18 16:40:06

Hello from sunny but cold Skegby Notts. Just finished feeding my two highland ponies smile

Barmeyoldbat Fri 02-Nov-18 17:27:12

Evening all, didn't have time this morning to look at GN as I had an early MRI booked, but it was cold and bright and I seemed to have my clothes on and off more times than stripper with the sun coming out(hot) and then going in (cold) but at lest it didn't rain. Have a relaxing evening.

Lioness68 Fri 02-Nov-18 18:47:16

Evening, it has been a beautiful day here on Merseyside. Sunny and a bit cool but not too bad. I braved Tesco's and Sainsbury's this morning and have spent the afternoon entering competitions.

Daisyboots Fri 02-Nov-18 19:39:36

Good evening from a misty damp Silver Coast Portugal. The weather here at the moment is very unseasonal with snow on the mountains. Hoping for a dry day tomorrow to do some washing before our trip to England next week.

Keeleklogger Fri 02-Nov-18 22:20:23

A belated good morning to you from Lanzarote we are here for a week 25c today lovely hope you are ok John & Janet

Marionueter Sat 03-Nov-18 08:58:28

I have a French daughter-in-law who’s not familiar with the system here and a bit apprehensive about asking for help. My grandson is now 21 months. My son grew up in another country and is always at work so isn’t much help. Do toddlers get Vit D here? Should she have a health visitor?