Gransnet forums

Chat

Naked Bodies on TV!

(95 Posts)
annep Sat 03-Nov-18 23:47:46

Husband out later than usual, flicking the channels to fill the time (don't want to go to bed until he gets home), Came across Naked Attraction. Girl studying six men's naked bodies to choose a date! Discussing which p***s she prefers. Is this what the world has come to!!? She gets down to choosing between two and then takes her clothes off as well. I think I would prefer to see their faces.
I don't expect comments. Really , what can you say, unless you think I'm terribly old fashioned. My granny would NOT believe it if she were alive. I cant believe it!

MissAdventure Sun 04-Nov-18 09:03:20

Well, I joined in with what I thought was joking, but I realise it may have not been taken that way.
Its no fun being the 'butt' of others 'jokes'.
Pun sort of intended.. I think.

annep Sun 04-Nov-18 10:26:37

Not offended at all. Waking late as husband very late home from playing at a gig. ( I'm his groupie!)
I did laugh at your replies. I don't mind the word umm.....penis! There, I've written it. I just wasn't sure if it was acceptable. I thought the vagina/ speculum thing hilarious.
I am with Willow re Wheres the mystery and romance
As a matter of interest am 67 and I don't like Gogglebox either.
What a nice cheerful start to my Sunday. Must switch on the Archers. Have a nice Sunday everyone.?

MissAdventure Sun 04-Nov-18 10:29:01

smile
Oh what a relief!!
Have a lovely day yourself, annp

wot Sun 04-Nov-18 10:40:51

I think it's a pathetic programme. You don't choose someone solely on their bodies, if at all. It's personality, beliefs etc

Mapleleaf Sun 04-Nov-18 11:34:58

I unfortunately saw a clip on goggle box, which was more than enough! Vulgar. (I'm not a prude,by any means, but how can this be deemed "entertainment")?

henetha Sun 04-Nov-18 11:41:44

I have seen this and think it's yucky. Not shocked at all, but it strikes me that most naked bodies are either hilariously funny looking or just plain unattractive. It doesn't float my boat! What's happened to romance?

Nannylovesshopping Sun 04-Nov-18 11:49:53

It’s on Thursday C4 10pm, to watch or avoid?

Granny23 Sun 04-Nov-18 11:54:38

I think it is because men are turned on by the sight of naked female flesh, that they think that all women will be turned on by someone proudly displaying a big Willy. There have been various attempts to produce magazines to cater for this supposed obsession in women which have all fallen by the wayside as so few were interested. However I am told that magazines featuring well endowed chaps, aimed at gay men are very successful.

LadyGracie Sun 04-Nov-18 11:56:08

I watched it a couple of times, the saying ‘if you’ve seen one you’ve seen them all’ definitely isn’t true, whether it be men or women.

EllanVannin Sun 04-Nov-18 12:51:24

What's the point/aim of this show ? Apart from it sounding vulgar.
As a 16 year old I attended college studying anatomy and physiology for a nursing career. There was the usual skeleton for bone structure etc then a couple of live models who posed so that we could see where various organs of the body were " housed ". After our initial behind the hand giggles and embarrassment we were then taught about the human body and its workings which was interesting and constructive.

I see no reason why the human body is used this way in the name of entertainment and would question the sanity of those producers who implement it. Also the minds of those who watch it !

Does anyone think that such programmes encourage crime of a sexual nature ?

rizlett Sun 04-Nov-18 12:55:19

I quite like this show because it helps me feel that all our bodies are different and I don't need to worry so much about mine!

ghsc5 Sun 04-Nov-18 13:05:18

Just shows that you cannot choose a partner on looks alone! Most of the participants don’t see each other again.

DanniRae Sun 04-Nov-18 13:09:51

Saw it - hated it - won't be watching again!

sarahellenwhitney Sun 04-Nov-18 13:36:11

Looking at most of the exhibits I would be inclined to 'pass'. A bit of encouragement grin so why not some sexy mags behind the screens. Or would that be illegal?

MissAdventure Sun 04-Nov-18 13:38:04

Maybe we should put it all 'behind' us now.. grin

LuckyFour Sun 04-Nov-18 14:07:45

Doesn't it give the wrong impression to young women that it doesn't matter what sort of person he is as long as he has a large penis. Likewise men looking at women's vulva/vaginas.

CrazyGrandma2 Sun 04-Nov-18 14:10:26

Saw some of this show when staying at friends. The only positive comment I could make is that at least it shows that we humans come in all sorts of different shapes and sizes - both male and female. Maybe that would reassure some people.

missdeke Sun 04-Nov-18 14:20:50

I wonder what the participants get out of the show. Are they all just frustrated exhibitionists? It just seems a strange thing to want to do.........confused

Theoddbird Sun 04-Nov-18 14:23:47

I was flicking channels and found it as well. I didn't watch it all but what I did watch I found hysterical...especially the seriousness of the presenter.

notgoneyet Sun 04-Nov-18 14:30:06

MissA and Phoenix, you cracked me up grin grin

HurdyGurdy Sun 04-Nov-18 14:38:00

I have heard of this programme, and my buttocks clench just at the thought of it!

MissAdventure Sun 04-Nov-18 14:38:36

grin

PECS Sun 04-Nov-18 14:47:06

Haha! using the word penis reminds me of the time DD1, aged about 3 on the beach at Mudeford, found a pebble and held it aloft and said in the shrill voce of a pre-schooler 'It looks like a penis' and it did! A lot of sunglasses slid down noses!
Re the penis competition programme it is just low quality reality TV. I am not a fan of reality stuff like Big Brother etc. and this programme seems to be really scraping the sludge ant the bottom of the barrel! I am not a prude but if I am watching TV I want the programme makers to think I have some intelligence!

Ramblingrose22 Sun 04-Nov-18 14:49:40

Maybe I am in a minority but I have never found men's flaccid genitalia remotely attractive.

Might be different if they were not flaccid, but I won't go out of my way to see the programme to find out!

Nanny41 Sun 04-Nov-18 15:11:35

Call a spade a spade, having been a nurse for fifty years, the medical terms come naturally, and as far as body exposure Ive seen it all!