Gransnet forums

Chat

What do you think now?

(279 Posts)
Applegran Wed 14-Nov-18 10:24:57

If you voted for Brexit - would you vote for it again, knowing what you know now? However you voted, do you think we should have another referendum - a peoples' vote?

Eloethan Tue 27-Nov-18 23:18:16

I think there should be another vote.

Granny23 Wed 28-Nov-18 10:38:16

I have never understood the objection to HAVING to vote in an election or referendum. No one HAS to vote, no one HAS to watch the TV debates, no one HAS to deliver leaflets, knock doors, contribute money to campaigns. It is perfectly possible to avoid anything to do with it, watch Soaps (where no one every seems to vote or discuss matters political) and allow those who are interested or passionate about it to make the choice. I know people who go abroad on holiday to avoid the late stages of the campaign.

If you DO want to vote and have your choice counted, then it will take 10 minutes of your time to do so. How much time, thought, research, discussion and effort to understand the issues you put in is entirely up to you.

Can anyone explain why being asked to vote is such a burden?

varian Wed 28-Nov-18 18:22:30

You are right Granny23, those who don't want to vote can just abstain. Those who care about the future of our country must pay attention to the evidence before they cast their vote.

Both the Bank of England and Treasury forecast the UK will be worse off under all Brexit scenarios - including the PM's deal.

news.sky.com/story/live-chancellor-philip-hammond-to-reveal-brexit-economic-impact-analysis-11565724