Gransnet forums

Chat

A moment of pleasure

(84 Posts)
MaggieMay60 Tue 05-Feb-19 18:35:25

I must share this with you.. this evening just as I was putting out the bins for collection tomorrow, a blackbird suddenly burst into song on the garage roof, what a surprise as I didn't know they sang in February, after a miserable day it really lifted my spirits! Spring is round the corner! What has lifted your spirits recently?

CanOnlyTry Wed 06-Feb-19 23:12:59

Sorry! Above posted on wrong forum ?

MissAdventure Wed 06-Feb-19 23:14:14

You may want to start a separate thread CanOnlyTry.
I'm sure you'll get some good support if you do. smile

MissAdventure Wed 06-Feb-19 23:14:43

Oops!

Happysexagenarian Thu 07-Feb-19 00:34:25

I love to see all the Spring bulbs coming up again, and yesterday I spotted a blue tit and a collared dove collecting nesting materials. I had just cut my DH hair so I scattered it over the lawn for them.

OPgrndtr Thu 07-Feb-19 03:20:31

I just noticed that my daffodils are up 4 inches! They weren't there last week. Spring is coming.

Speldnan Thu 07-Feb-19 08:22:08

Yes a walk in the winter sunshine and noting the signs of spring and listening to the birds. Also watching squirrels.
One of my greatest pleasures at the moment is picking up my DGS from school once a week and walking with my DGD (nearly 3). She holds my hand so beautifully and I’m in heaven! Then to hear the chatter of my GS when he comes out of school- being a GM is the best!!!

moggie57 Thu 07-Feb-19 20:10:10

I have a robin that comes to the bird feeders on the tree .he sat on the low fencing and sang while I filled up the bird feeders ,he was but 2 ft away from me .i love the dawn chorus...then you get the stupid blackbird that sits under the bright street lamps and sings at 2am .right next to my window.often tell him to b off

CanOnlyTry Fri 08-Feb-19 15:34:42

Thanks SO much MissAdventure ... lovely of you to respond xxx