Gransnet forums

Chat

ISIS girl

(232 Posts)
M0nica Wed 20-Feb-19 23:26:51

to continue where we left off......

merlotgran Thu 21-Feb-19 10:04:34

I'm wondering if the camera crew had a make up artist with them. Her eye make up looked as skilfully applied as Meghan Markle's

Most new mothers look exhausted and barely have time to grab the moisturiser. hmm

There is a pic of the baby's face in the DM so I'm happy to stand corrected over my suspicions but the whole thing still doesn't seem right to me.

Gonegirl Thu 21-Feb-19 10:18:00

Terribull I do like the sound of your DH.

POGS Thu 21-Feb-19 10:58:26

Clare AB

'When a white 15yr old ran off to Europe with a teacher, she was seen as a victim of grooming and the teacher faced prosecution.

By the same standards, this girl was groomed at 15, radicalised, trafficked and used as a breeding machine. '
----

Had a 'white girl ' of 15 viewed the atrocities of ISIS, decided to run away to marry one of those capable of doing the beheading, crucifixion etc. but decided once she knew her eutopia of creating the Caliphate which wanted death to all Infidels , including you , was going pear shaped decided to return to the country she held so much hate for then I would hold the same view.

I assume by mentioning the colour of skin that was a thought in your post.

Mycatisahacker Thu 21-Feb-19 11:04:53

Well quite POGS

Comparing a silly girl running off with her teacher is as near to this situation as Dianne Abbott is to GCSE maths or Barry Gardner is to motivational speaking.

EllanVannin Thu 21-Feb-19 14:13:15

I wondered how long it would be before Corbyn piped up------he wants her back in this country !!

Jalima1108 Thu 21-Feb-19 14:16:41

Jamima Begum is British and I really can't see why Bangladesh should be lumbered with her.
She's our problem and we have to sort it out - eventually. She's OK where she is for the time being.

Jalima1108 Thu 21-Feb-19 14:17:25

Apologies, Shamima

her name is quite similar to mine.

Anniebach Thu 21-Feb-19 14:19:59

Corbyn has at last given his opinion today .

She should be allowed back to this country, answer some questions and given support .

M0nica Thu 21-Feb-19 14:22:25

I think she will need to come back to the UK eventually. I cannot see such a socially insensitive and cloth eared women like her surviving for 10 minutes in another country where she would be expected to to take responsibility for her actions and accept that actions have consequences.

I think underlying everything she has done has been an implicit belief, never consciously expressed, that, as she was a British citizen, if everything went pear-shaped, someone would rescue her from the mess and take her home.

It has never once occurred to her in all she underwent - and I have no doubt that the experience has been horrendous, that the moment she got away from ISIS, she wouldn't be whisked home courtesy of the Foreign Office and returned to the bosom of her family and the safety of the UK.

You can see that attitude in the early interviews where she still espoused ISIS and defended its actions, and yet expected to be rescued and brought home. You can see reality beginning to dawn it in the way she has been gradually less enthusiastic about ISIS and upset because 'she thought people would be sorry for her' and you can see reality crashing in on her in those photographs of her reading the formal letter from Sajid Javid withdrawing her British citizenship.

Suddenly she is realising that actions have consequences and the person who makes the actions must live with the consequences.

I think a couple of months in a refugee camp as a stateless citizen, will do her a power of good. She will have plenty of time to think and when her citizenship is finally accepted, with a bit of luck she will return a sadder and wiser woman, who might even realise that you need to think through the consequences of your actions and accept that you will reap what you sow.

Jalima1108 Thu 21-Feb-19 14:24:16

This could drag on for months and months and she is no worse off than those in camps who have been displaced by ISIS.

Mycatisahacker Thu 21-Feb-19 14:30:36

Again MOnica I agree word for word with your post

Dontaskme Thu 21-Feb-19 14:32:20

She shows no remorse. She couldn't give a rats backside about coming back to the UK other than to say its for her son. This'll be the son that she has called Jerah, the name of a 7th century Islamic warlord.
She'll be allowed in, completely wrongly in my opinion.

M0nica Thu 21-Feb-19 16:52:10

Annie You couldn't make it up, really could you?

On the other hand, you do not need to make anything up with Corbyn, he is as predictable as sliced bread - and a s damp.

If he thinks he is echoing popular sentiment, he really is out of touch, or is it just that he always had to do the opposite of everybody else, on principle.

Jalima1108 Thu 21-Feb-19 16:56:50

I wondered how long it would be before Corbyn piped up------he wants her back in this country !!
So he and Jacob Rees-Mogg are in agreement!

EllanVannin Thu 21-Feb-19 17:03:45

Told you JRM was a closet Labourite. Is Corbyn Catholic too

Jalima1108 Thu 21-Feb-19 17:06:52

It's the Horseshoe Theory

Far right meets far left

Chewbacca Thu 21-Feb-19 17:29:39

ClaireAB what makes you think that there hasn't been white jihadi brides that have gone to Syria? Sally Jones aka The White Widow, still tries to recruit from 2013, all over the world, even to this day. We don't want her back either. The colour of her, or SB's, has bugger all to do with the fact that they've joined forces, and supported, an evil organisation and no civilised country in the world wants them on their soil.

Chewbacca Thu 21-Feb-19 17:34:51

On the other thread, one poster pointed out that SB looks well nourished and healthy. Odd that one of her older children allegedly died of malnutrition.

And despite this being her 3rd child, she looks decidedly ill at ease when holding it. I'm convinced that, if there is a child under that pile of cloth, it isn't hers. Maybe she borrowed it to enhance her chances of gaining more support and sympathy to return to the UK.

Jalima1108 Thu 21-Feb-19 17:38:29

Her young son has allegedly been killing people too Chewbacca, he was only about 10 or 12 then.

I don't hear anyone clamouring to help Jack Letts to come home either {apart from his parents}.

Jalima1108 Thu 21-Feb-19 17:39:26

Her referring to the woman in your previous post.

sodapop Thu 21-Feb-19 17:40:45

I must admit my initial response was to leave her where she was. I agree with the points Grannygravy made especially about her lack of empathy etc. However now I have more information I do have concerns about how this decision would affect others in the future, thinking about Windrush etc.
I think I'm moving toward her facing justice here.

Chewbacca Thu 21-Feb-19 17:50:06

I've just been reading about the deradicalisation programmes and they don't appear to have had a huge success rate. Ahmed Hassan had already been on the Prevent Programme when he decided to bomb Parsons Green. Doesn't give us much hope for SB does it? And how could anyone tell with her? She's changed her story to suit her end game every time she's opened her mouth.

Anniebach Thu 21-Feb-19 18:03:07

MOnica, no doubt Corbyn thinks a chat over a cup of tea with her and all will be well.

PECS Thu 21-Feb-19 18:24:06

If it is any comfort to anyone I believe the Prevent Training Programme which many of us had to complete so we could spot potential extremists of all types & report them appropriately has now been closed.

Anniebach Thu 21-Feb-19 18:29:45

Was in closed before 1915 trisher ?