Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Wed 13-Mar-19 06:19:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Just about recovered from the late night out, anyway its dry but windy here in Brackley this morning.
Quite day , with cycle racing on TV later.
Mick

EllanVannin Wed 13-Mar-19 08:17:47

Good morning All x
Still some high winds here near the Mersey. I could hear it roaring last night------a few poorly passengers sailing to Belfast I imagine.
Workman expected any time so disruption ahead sad

I too have been following Soop's " journey " so hoping all goes well. x

Stay safe everyone.

cornergran Wed 13-Mar-19 08:30:45

Morning Mick, morning All from our very draughty corner of Somerset. Warnings this morning to stay away from the sea front. Admin day for me today. Yuck. Thinking of all poorly people and those with worries. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 13-Mar-19 08:34:09

Good morning from a bright east London but forecast not good. Playing tennis at 9.30 then have a couple of hours before school pickup. Will be taking GD to gymnastics after that where parents/carers are not allowed to watch until the end so will probably head off to costa where DD works. Have a good day.

Anniebach Wed 13-Mar-19 08:57:29

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Urmstongran Wed 13-Mar-19 09:17:13

Good afternoon (!) everyone from a very windy South Manchester. The gales woke me up at 4am and it took me ages to get back off. Nice to sleep in when we want to - a luxury of retirement!

Did think of soop in the wee small hours. And about a dear friend going through a lot at present. Then I even thought ‘I’m glad I’m not Mrs. May off to ‘that place today’. Poor woman. No wonder I couldn’t get back to sleep!

We are off to a new bar tonight which opened on Friday. Has a proper pizza oven and the owners are Italian and local to the area so it sounds promising. Have a good Wednesday everybody x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 13-Mar-19 09:24:16

Morning all from a brighter (than yesterday) South Notts. Windy again last night, I do so hate lying awake in the early hours and listening to it. It's horrible for us widows. isn't it, feeling fearful and alone? Trying hard to remain cheerful.

Susan56 Wed 13-Mar-19 09:31:45

Morning all.Blowing a gale in Shropshire.Actually have a day to myself today.DH worked last night so is sleeping and the friend I had arranged to meet for lunch is unwell so we have postponed until next week.

NfkDumpling Wed 13-Mar-19 09:32:10

Morning All

Very breezy here in the north of Norfolk and one fence panel down. Sleep like a log last night and only just now awake.

Still trying to get back into UK time. Still rather crackered. We’ve been in Costa Rica for the last two weeks travelling around. Rain forest (wet and chilly), cloud forest (wet and cold), lowlands (dry and quite hot) and then the coast (dry and Very hot). Saw lots of birds and a bit of wildlife and took over 3,000 photos! AND, best of all, NO tv or radio or news!!

Mapleleaf Wed 13-Mar-19 09:43:42

Good morning,
As Greyduster has said, it’s very windy here, with periods of sunshine. At the moment though, it’s raining.
The wind was very blustery through the night.
Hang onto your hats if you venture out today! ?

glammagran Wed 13-Mar-19 11:19:56

Waiting in departures for flight to Bangkok. Glad to say my hip didn’t let me down on long walk to gate. I’d dreaded that bit as could scarecely stand up on Sunday.

NfkDumpling Wed 13-Mar-19 14:41:14

If you think your hip may let you down glammagran ask for assistance. Anyone can ask if they are concerned and the staff would rather you did that and made your flight than miss it. (And its very exciting speeding along backwards on one of those airport buggy’s!)