Gransnet forums

Chat

Meghan

(230 Posts)
BlueSapphire Thu 09-May-19 08:06:02

Does anyone agree with me that Meghan looks a lot better with her bit of pregnancy weight? Her face has filled out and she looks really healthy and well. Of course she looks so happy with her new baby, but there is a glow about her that we haven't seen before. I hope she doesn't try and slim back into her jeans within a couple of weeks, as most celebrities seem to do.

Mapleleaf Thu 09-May-19 10:56:17

No, jane10, she doesn't, but it's her choice and not your business whether she does or doesn't wear 6 inch heels. Not mine, either.

Anniebach Thu 09-May-19 10:59:43

Why when there is a discussion and we have different opinions which we share do some join in just to say “it’s none of our business ‘ ? Why not ignore a thread

Sussexborn Thu 09-May-19 11:15:51

Odd when people join a discussion forum and then get rattled when people don’t echo their views.

Anniebach Thu 09-May-19 11:19:00

I think so Sussexborn why join a thread is one thinks it’s none of their business

whywhywhy Thu 09-May-19 11:22:20

I thought Megan looked fabulous, so happy and healthy. Kate has slim genes which I "used" to have before the change. They both are gorgeous looking women.

Gonegirl Thu 09-May-19 11:28:17

notentirelyallthere - your post 10:21:13

All I can say is whaaat????? confused

You've obviously got a better memory than me. grin

notentirelyallhere Thu 09-May-19 11:39:39

No problem then Gonegirl, I'll keep taking the fish oil (helps with memory!!). grin

notentirelyallhere Thu 09-May-19 11:41:58

Sussexborn don't go there, it's history, just one of those things, enough people getting ratty with each other on this forum without starting another round.

I haven't seen your username before, if you're new to the forum, welcome.

Gonegirl Thu 09-May-19 11:42:59

I did have a bit of a job distinguishing her hand from Harry's! But hey! She's a new mum. And she doesn't want to scratch the baby does she!

I remember when my son was six weeks old, I took him for his check at the doc's with nail polish on one hand only. blush #babybrain

FlexibleFriend Thu 09-May-19 19:23:40

We're all different and our bodies are different too, losing weight quickly after childbirth is always attributed to celebrity culture but when my first son was born in 1980 I only put on a stone throughout the pregnancy and gave birth to a healthy 8lb 8oz baby and was back in my jeans after 3 days. I weighed less after giving birth than before becoming pregnant. I was never as skinny as either Kate or Megan just an athletic size 8/10 who ate healthily. I suspect they did the same.

Iam64 Thu 09-May-19 19:31:19

I'm another one who was very skinny as a young woman. I wore size 10 Levi's, was 5.8" and was back in those jeans within a week of giving birth when I was 23.
I don't believe Kate is anorexic, I think she's a naturally thin, very busy young woman. I suspect she eats a very healthy diet as well.
I agree, Meghan looked great during the photoshoot with Harry and Archie.
I'm so relieved I didn't have to do those things within hours/days of giving birth. I even more relieved that my own daughters have been able to slob around in their pj's, feeding their babies and eating chocolate.

I'm also glad they didn't marry Prince William or Prince Harry - yes they'd never have had to worry about paying the bills but .......

Grannyben Thu 09-May-19 19:36:38

I thought Meghan looked radiant but, in my opinion, the heels were perhaps a little too high. When they were walking back, I thought she looked uncomfortable in them. I'm hoping she was back in her slippers after meeting with the Queen. Oh and how beautiful were those pictures. Her majesty looked like she was desperate for a quick cuddle

Callistemon Thu 09-May-19 19:48:44

I can remember a young mum in the maternity ward with me who had long painted nails. The midwife was horrified that she would contemplate holding he baby with such “dangerous implements
Doodle I can remember that the sister who came in to 'break my waters' when I was having one of the DD had very long painted nails shock but I was in no mood to comment on them.

Callistemon Thu 09-May-19 19:52:48

My DM was very thin like Kate even after pregnancies.
I do not take after her sad

maryeliza54 Thu 09-May-19 19:54:10

Kate was never that thin for the first few years of the relationship. But either way, far too much attention is on hers and MMs looks and clothes and they both pander to that.

crazyH Thu 09-May-19 19:58:25

Yes, Megan looks so much better with her baby weight....at one point Kate looked too thin and haggard.
Has anyone noticed that Kate's accent has changed?

Callistemon Thu 09-May-19 20:01:26

Has anyone noticed that Kate's accent has changed?
How many of us have changed accents according to where we live, people we mix with over the years?

My DC have definitely had several different accents over the years picked up from schoolfriends, locations, moving around etc.

Anniebach Thu 09-May-19 20:17:48

The first few years of the relationship Kate was in university

phoenix Thu 09-May-19 20:37:29

Grandma70s with regard to Meghan wearing high heels, perhaps "emancipated" might mean wearing whatever you like?

FlexibleFriend Thu 09-May-19 21:32:48

If your used to wearing high heels you feel strange in anything lower. I know I wore stiletto's throughout pregnancies but live in trainers these days although still wear heels for going out though. It all depends on what your used to and she's hardly going to turn up for a photo call in tracksuit and trainers.

Beckett Thu 09-May-19 21:46:17

Accents and speech patterns change over the years. I grew up in what would now be called a "deprived area", my accent and speech patterns have changed considerably. When I met someone recently they refused to believe me when I told them where I grew up, convinced I came from a "posh" area of the city. (By the way I have never been ashamed or embarrassed by my origins - I am just making the point that the way people talk changes)

BradfordLass72 Fri 10-May-19 07:08:19

No chance Kate is anorexic

How can anyone but her doctor know that?

I suffered from anorexia in 2015 but was by no means thin, although I lost a lot of weight.

Anorexia is loss of appetite and inability to eat. For 4 months I had to force myself to eat, literally a teaspoon at a time. I bought a juicer to see if that would help and it did.
To this day neither I nor my doctor have any idea what caused it; it just happened almost overnight ...and went away as suddenly as it came.

Simple anorexia can be different from anorexia nervosa, a mental illness.

Mapleleaf Fri 10-May-19 17:13:50

Going back to BlueSapphires opening post, yes, I think Meghan does suit a slightly fuller face. She has been one of those lucky ladies who has ‘bloomed’ during her pregnancy. I wish her and Harry all the happiness possible for them with their new son, Archie. ?

nightswimmer Fri 10-May-19 17:23:57

I have a feeling she won't carry the baby weight for long.

Day6 Fri 10-May-19 18:06:56

Oh dear, I must be alone in thinking her nails were very short and square looking (bitten then filed maybe?) and her fingers looked stubby She did keep putting her hand on the baby's head so we had a good look. Might have looked better without the pale pink (mat) polish?

I wondered about her sleeveless dress too, given Harry was in a suit and tie and the baby wrapped for cold weather (and as new born) in hat and shawl. Looked a bit incongruous I thought. Meghan did look better with a bit of baby weight. She looked very happy I thought.

Noticed she kept putting her arm to Harry's back as they left the room. Looked rather strange. She does seem to need to hold him all the time.