Gransnet forums

Chat

Doris Day

(38 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 13-May-19 14:11:10

Doris Day has died , age 97

RIP

Happychops Mon 13-May-19 19:31:45

Oh how I loved Doris Day. I remeber the first time I watched her ,I was a young girl babysitting and calamity jane was on tv. I was hooked from then on and have lost count of the times I have watched this film, I always enjoy it as though it was the first time I saw it. I have watched loads of her films but this was the one for me. I have been a fan ever since, she did bring out a new song the other year to raise money for her dog charity .im not sure how well that went, but she was exceptionally talented.

Jacinta55 Mon 13-May-19 20:11:25

I loved Doris Day when I was younger, Calamity Jane probably my favourite. RIP Doris.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 13-May-19 20:19:12

I loved Please Please don't eat The daisies (think that's the correct name), there was another one where she had been marooned on a desert island, presumed dead and her husband had remarried also the one where she shared a "party line telephone" always watch Doris Day films when I find one on tv.

ginny Mon 13-May-19 20:36:38

Loved her songs and her films.
Secret Love was my first solo public performance.

JessK Mon 13-May-19 21:27:13

When I was a teenager I loved the films she did with Rock Hudson. In her latter years she set up an animal trust. She was only nominated once for an Oscar but never won one. She was a fine lady

callgirl1 Mon 13-May-19 22:29:33

A lovely lady, wonderful singer and actress, and beautiful with it.
RIP Doris Day

Jomarie Mon 13-May-19 22:51:17

My father's favourite lady (apart from my mother, of course) - he always smiled when she came on the radio or later the TV - "Take me back to the Black Hills" still evokes nostalgia in me - Anne Shelton was another of his favourites - there's a pattern emerging I can see now........ grin

NotAGran55 Tue 14-May-19 00:34:05

Just back from seeing Eric Clapton tonight and he opened the show with a short version of Que Sera Sera and a mumbled ‘RIP Doris’ It was a lovely touching tribute .

janeainsworth Tue 14-May-19 01:16:08

Oh that’s lovely notagran.

Witzend Tue 14-May-19 08:34:45

I swear that on the news very early this morning, I heard the presenter pronounce 'Calamity (Jane)' as 'CALAmity', instead of 'CalAMity'.
Whatever is the Beeb coming to?

annodomini Tue 14-May-19 09:13:27

Thinking of CALAmine lotion?

Urmstongran Tue 14-May-19 09:15:21

Reading the newspapers she had a car crash of a personal life. 4 husbands, one who beat her, one who stole millions of dollars and estrangement from her only child, a son who predeceased her. Very sad.