Gransnet forums

Chat

My Birthday and I don't like any fuss.

(111 Posts)
JonesKpj000 Sun 30-Jun-19 15:56:14

It's my birthday today. and I just hate celebrating it. I have had texts and cards and been for a lovely walk with my husband and dog. I walk most days and am happy just having a normal day. Am I being miserable or does anyone else feel like this on their special day?

Hymnbook Mon 01-Jul-19 19:47:07

I love birthdays but they are always a big disappointment to me. I sometimes wonder if my friends and family know me at all looking at the gifts and cards l receive. I think really it's like Christmas l should like to celebrate with friends and family and that would be a lovely gift.

Kim19 Mon 01-Jul-19 19:52:11

I love my birthday and am full of the feel good factor all the day long. Always have felt like this and even used to take a day's leave as my personal celebration. I don't need 'stuff' but if a birthday gives me the bonus of the chance of seeing my C or GC then I'll happily settle for any number of them real or otherwise. Cards? Presents? Don't give a hoot but...... important people every time! Oh yesssss!

sharon103 Mon 01-Jul-19 21:22:48

Wishing you all a wonderful birthday, [cake]wineflowers

wintersday Mon 01-Jul-19 22:34:58

If you had been born on the 29th of February, like me, you would only have to celebrate your birthday every 4 years!

wintersday Mon 01-Jul-19 22:50:21

If you were born on the 29th of February, like me, you would only have to celebrate your birthday every 4 years!

Ellie Anne Mon 01-Jul-19 23:01:22

I don’t enjoy mine either. Dreading my 70 next year.
On my 60 th husband and children didn’t organise anything and it was a miserable day. I’d organised a family meal for his 60th and 70th so was really hurt.

Abuelana Mon 01-Jul-19 23:23:31

I quite like my birthday as long as I get to organise it !!! I hate surprises they’re either ott or disappointing. My family know me and let me get on with it.

BradfordLass72 Tue 02-Jul-19 01:28:15

(whispered reminder) birthday gifts and congratulations are a two-way thing.

You may say you don't want presents, cards and people saying 'Happy Birthday' at you - but just think of the joy you are denying them when you put a spanner in their kindly works.

Rufus2 Tue 02-Jul-19 06:29:27

Am I being miserable?
You've obviously got tongue in cheek, but whether or not, the answer is"Yes!"
There's too much of it going on these days!
Btw; it's my birthday next Tuesday and I couldn't be happier. Bring it on, the more the merrier! grin

PamelaJ1 Tue 02-Jul-19 09:37:31

Rufus- better than not having another!