Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(58 Posts)
Beechnut Sun 27-Oct-19 07:26:46

Anyone up?

Curlywhirly Sun 27-Oct-19 10:51:08

Good morning all. First time I have read this daily thread - what a wonderful bunch you are! So supportive of each other and no animosity smile. It's so refreshing to read such lovely comments thanks.

jacq10 Sun 27-Oct-19 10:54:31

A quick post to say I am travelling down the A9 in Scotland at the moment enjoying the "Alpine" scenery - snow topped mountains and glorious sunshine!!

GabriellaG54 Sun 27-Oct-19 11:08:03

envy

Marydoll Sun 27-Oct-19 11:21:02

Jacq, lovely to hear from you. I have fond memories of our Glesca Grannies meet up.
Safe journey, I'ts not much warmer down here than up your way! Bbbbrrrrr!

Feelingmyage55 Sun 27-Oct-19 11:56:36

Good morning. Sun through the trees and another golden but chilly day in the north of Scotland. Beautiful frozen gossamer spiders’ web everywhere.
gillybob You are amazing. Hope your DH has turned a corner from your report. You must be exhausted. I hope one of the Ac can visit for an evening and let you go home to get a full night of sleep - I also understand how difficult is is to take yourself away from the bedside. Keep on keeping on. I send you both love and prayers.
To everyone else, have the best Sunday you can. Hymnbook I am sorry you are so lonely. I hope you have a good book and are warm.

jacq10 Sun 27-Oct-19 12:18:18

Can't believe it is nearly a year since I met up with you all in Glasgow Marydoll It was my first "outing" since DH had passed away and it was difficult but so worthwhile. I have gained so much by joining Gransnet. It has been hard to share experiences similar to my own but also comforting. You have not had a good year yourself but I know from meeting with you that your indomitable spirit will see you through and you bring so much cheer to keep folks spirits up.

Auntieflo Sun 27-Oct-19 15:14:20

Another late post from me, but Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
We both slept well last might, and I even managed to change the oven clock, without resorting to a few bad words, last night.
Church was lovely this morning, and as I haven't felt up to going for the last three weeks, lots to catch up with our friends.
Mr Gillybob, was in my heart all through the service, and after reading Gillybob's post, up thread just now, I am hoping that finally there is good news for them both.

We ( that would be the royal we) have been cutting down the enormous growth on out smoke bush. It has gone mad and has suffered in the high winds. I was instructing from nearby.
I don't think we will be able to get it all down, so there may be a job for DS2 when he visits on Wed.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday one and all.