Gransnet forums

Chat

Good news - bad news

(53 Posts)
grannyactivist Sun 01-Dec-19 00:39:34

Yesterday morning I was feeling delighted that at long last I am on the road to recovery after a very debilitating illness. I had done a presentation on the work of my charity and although it had exhausted me I was on a high. smile

Yesterday at lunchtime I got the news that my sister has died. I am feeling dreadfully sad and bereft. We have always been five sisters and now we are only four. sad sad

Today my son, who is not yet thirty, confided that he's about to be made the youngest ever partner in his firm. smile

My sister lived abroad and I am still too ill to travel to her funeral. sad

Life is a like roller coaster,
with highs and lows
and speeds and slows,
with screams and blows,
with dreams and woes.
Just hold on. Keep holding on.

Are you in a situation of highs and lows just now?

grannyactivist Fri 06-Dec-19 11:07:06

This thread aptly demonstrates how many ups and downs there are in life, and yet life goes on and most people we meet will never know what highs and lows we're experiencing.

'When others are happy, be happy with them, and when they are sad, be sad. Be friendly with everyone. Don’t be proud and feel that you are smarter than others. Make friends with ordinary people. Don’t mistreat someone who has mistreated you. But try to earn the respect of others, and do your best to live at peace with everyone.' The bible.

glammanana Fri 06-Dec-19 11:21:34

GA Sending your virtual ((HUGS)) xxx