Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(60 Posts)
Rufus2 Fri 06-Dec-19 05:44:18

When I told my wife I'd traded our bed for a trampoline, she hit the roof!
G'Day everyone, yet again.! smile Bright and early; if any insomniacs wish for an earlier opening for someone to chat with, just say so.
I was rushed off my feet yesterday; never seen so many tea/coffee drinkers in one place. But worry not! We will always have hot mugs of your favourites to bring a smile to your frozen lips. smile
Years ago it was "cuppa tea/coffee please"; now there's a complex manual on a whole list of variations; "Earl Grey , English Breakfast, Flat White , Latte, Cappuccino, the list goes on and on! Good job we haven't any Niles Cranes!
Anyway it's interesting to see how the other half lives and to note the increased sophistication of dining preferences.
It's been a pleasure to have been of service and I'll have fond memories to sustain me in the dole queue. sad
Btw; I hope Mick hasn't been shanghai'd by some Belle of B'mouth! hmm
OoRoo

mary51 Fri 06-Dec-19 09:54:12

Good morning all. Have only posted here once before but enjoy reading every day as all are so friendly. Glad to hear from Pantglas that North Wales is dry at the moment as getting train to Harlech this morning from south Wales, as AS is doing a long trail run tomorrow along the coast. May it stay dry and not too windy and that there is a clear moon tomorrow!!

harrigran Fri 06-Dec-19 10:18:40

Good morning from a mild NE.
Surprised to sleep late this morning considering I did absolutely nothing yesterday, did not even manage to get dressed.
The pain has decreased so I should be able to get on with writing cards.
No decorations up and no shopping done yet.
Welcome to Mamo.
Love to gilly.

Marydoll Fri 06-Dec-19 10:45:23

Good morning mary51 from another Mary!

Rufus2 Fri 06-Dec-19 10:59:14

I hope I’m not intruding or sitting in anyone else’s chair? I’d love a big mug of strong tea please
Welcome Mamo; you can certainly have a big cup of strong tea; what do you prefer? I've done a bit of research, as every good host does, and found 2 teas popular in Wicklow, Lyons and Barry's. Milk? How many sugars? hmm
We don't allow customers to have their own chairs, tends to look cliquey, but you are welcome to mine right by the blazing log fire as I'll still be in the kitchen washing up all those mugs that the procrastinators put off from yesterday. sad
As a last resort you can borrow my knee; offer withdrawn if you're Grandad! shock
OoRoo

dragonfly46 Fri 06-Dec-19 11:10:13

Welcome Mamo and Mary.

Marydoll you do have some adventures. We all laugh at the exploits but it sounds horrendous. You are so right that ho e is best!

Kalu Fri 06-Dec-19 11:12:43

Good morning all from a dreich but very mild Glasgow as Marydoll has described

Thank you for filling in Rufus. DD2 who lives in Brisbane keeps me updated with the awful time you are experiencing down under. Something we know only too well, having to live with forrest fires, every summer, when we lived in a rural,part of Southern France. Very frightening up close.

A warm welcome to you Mamo

So pleased you made it home in one piece Marydoll. The very high winds we had yesterday had me concerned you may have had a very bumpy descent into Glasgow Airport. ? Having read your update re NY I am quite exhausted and may have to go back to bed?

Good wishes for your ongoing treatment Dragonfly

A day at a time gilly After such a rotten night of pain hope you can find some time to rest and take care of you?

Off to do not much?

Have a pleasant day all and lots of positive vibes to help those dealing with troubles.

Feelingmyage55 Fri 06-Dec-19 11:25:05

A late good morning from a balmy but overcast north of Scotland. Enjoyed reading of marydoll’s escapades but relieved you are home safely. I always say that the best part of the holiday is walking in my own front door. East, west, home is best. Am I the only one not even thinking of putting up the tree yet? As a child, it was put up on Christmas Eve, a bit late, but I feel a week before Christmas is right for us as that makes three weeks of enjoying it and being irritated by the needles. I have just planted some crocuses and mini daffodils for the spring. rufus I have just made my own tea as I am so first and milk in first. gillybob. My dad just snapped out of his post op delirium and hallucinations several weeks after surgery. It was as if a switch had been flicked. Maybe a two minute visit from Evie would help or would it be too frightening for her? Or some videos of her? Always thing of you both. Best wishes to all and hello to Mamo

Feelingmyage55 Fri 06-Dec-19 11:25:47

Not first - fussy. Autocorrect bleurggh

Rufus2 Fri 06-Dec-19 13:24:24

have just made my own tea as I am so first fussy and milk in first
Feeling; That must be another Scottish ritual! and tricky guessing the final colour. Not too wishy-washy! I have problems with tea-bags, the stringed ones, which I avoid like the plague!. I'm still programmed to stir, resulting in the string wrapping itself round the spoon handle, followed by the label. We can't afford to waste time like that; time is money as we all know!, but please feel free to leave your change in the Tips jar. grin
Thank you!