Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you hoping for in 2020?

(81 Posts)
JenniferEccles Tue 31-Dec-19 10:27:09

I am thinking on a personal level.
Are you hoping for better health or continuing good health for you and your loved ones?
Maybe you wish for improved family relationships, or on a more lighthearted note, perhaps foreign travel would be welcome.
I’m not particularly thinking of New Year’s resolutions, more a kind of ‘wish list’

TrendyNannie6 Tue 31-Dec-19 20:41:37

Health to stabilise for us, and happiness for all the family and friends

kittylester Tue 31-Dec-19 21:29:08

I hope everyone gets what they wish for.

I would like all our family to remain healthy and happy. And, a big win on the premium bonds tomorrow wouldn't go amiss.

Izabella Tue 31-Dec-19 22:01:27

Anniebach - one step at a time flowers

Cambia Wed 01-Jan-20 09:13:00

I can’t think of anything personally but I would love for my son in Canada to become a father. They have been trying a couple of years now and he would make an amazing father.

inishowen Wed 01-Jan-20 09:27:45

I'd like to see my daughter happy again. Her marriage split up a year ago and since then she's struggled in every way.

Lyndawads Wed 01-Jan-20 09:27:54

I am wishing for a happy and healthy new year for myself and all my loved ones after a very turbulent and unpredictable 2019- positivity!! HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you Gransnetters!

EllieB52 Wed 01-Jan-20 09:29:12

Good health has to be top of the list as without it everything else is affected.
Hoping my DS gets the job he’s hoping for after 6 years of hard studying.
Wish my DH could be a happier person.
Get out with my camera more this year.
Get more exercise.

Hope you all get what you want. Happy New Year to you all xx

CaroleAnne Wed 01-Jan-20 09:30:01

Good health for my DH who is 80 this year as he is in remission from prostate cancer.
We too will be following slimming world recipes Antonia. Tried and tested in the past.
Good health and happiness to you all.

Jane10 Wed 01-Jan-20 09:36:36

Health and happiness for all the family of course but I'd like my 2020 to bumble along the same as 2019. People to see and blether with and interesting places to go.

nipsmum Wed 01-Jan-20 09:38:50

That my 3 granddaughters continue to progress at school, and keep well and Happy. That my sister in the Nursing home doesn't suffer too long, That my elder daughter continues to be Cancer free. Continuing good health for my younger daughter and Sil.. That I'm still able to be independent and look after myself and my Westies.

Blinko Wed 01-Jan-20 09:43:11

I'm hoping for continuing good health all round and that the Oh can lose some of that weight that's threatening his health if he doesn't watch it!

Bluebird64 Wed 01-Jan-20 09:43:55

I've decided to go sugar-free for January and hope to free myself from the lifelong burden of sugar-led disordered eating.

Aepgirl Wed 01-Jan-20 09:45:14

Good health, more confidence, less loneliness.

And, of course, world wide peace.

BusterTank Wed 01-Jan-20 10:03:40

I'm hoping for health and happiness .

Phoebes Wed 01-Jan-20 10:18:23

Better health!

travelsafar Wed 01-Jan-20 10:27:54

A happy peaceful healthy one for all for everyone i know.

whywhywhy Wed 01-Jan-20 10:33:56

To get on top of my depression instead of it being the other way round. For all of my aches and pains to go away in 2020. Maybe even get another pet. People to be nicer to each other would be great. Happy and healthy New Year 2020 to everyone . Xxx

TwiceAsNice Wed 01-Jan-20 10:43:54

Health and happiness for my family and friends and me if possible.

My granddaughters do well in their entrance exams soon and get into the school they want this year.

That my daughter gets a new job that she will be happier in

That the World is more peaceful and caring of each other

FairyNuff Wed 01-Jan-20 10:48:05

Old poster, different name. I’m wishing for myself an escape from hospital, where I’ve been over Christmas. Asthma, pneumonia in both lungs and just about to go down for a scan for probable blood clots. I can’t even brush my teeth without gasping for breath and it’s a bit scary. Two lots of antibiotics haven’t worked so I think I might be stuck in here for a while, and my poor Mr Nuff is struggling with the visiting.

I feel very loved and cared for but just want to feel better.

A very happy New Year to all lovely Gransnetters. I may not be able to comment for a while but needed the wonderful group support.

Guineagirl Wed 01-Jan-20 10:59:31

To move house which will improve my overall health physically and mentally by moving from awful neighbours. I hope I’m in a new home this time next year. We have to rid the attic of mice which are feeding next door and nesting above us. I just hope we can as it has ruined what was our forever home

Jane10 Wed 01-Jan-20 11:05:45

Good luck FairyNuff

Dianehillbilly1957 Wed 01-Jan-20 11:08:52

Health above all else.. happiness along the way will be welcome.?

Tigertooth Wed 01-Jan-20 11:10:36

Bluebird64 Wed 01-Jan-20 09:43:55
I've decided to go sugar-free for January and hope to free myself from the lifelong burden of sugar-led disordered eating.

I hear you! Good luck - it's an underestimated and damaging addiction that has ruled my health for too long.

FairyNuff Good Luck, I wish you a speedy recovery.

As for me - praying that my uterine polyps will be removed with ease and be benign.

Tooyoungytobeagrandma Wed 01-Jan-20 11:32:08

Im hoping that 2020will be the new start to the rest of my life once my divorce is sorted. That my oh stops being a twat and gets on with sorting his side so that we can move on. That my children dont get sucked into his lies just because he has the money and that next new years eve I am spending it alone through choice and not because my selfish husband takes himself out to celebrate leaving me to take care of his terrified dog when the fireworks started around 5pm and continued through to 1.30am! Oh yes and some fun at last ?

Theoddbird Wed 01-Jan-20 11:32:54

I retired yesterdsy. I will see how the year opens out. Won't wish for anything....that way I won't be disappointed....hahaha