Gransnet forums

Chat

im a traveller, you are a tourist

(131 Posts)
petunia Wed 26-Feb-20 10:43:09

Headlines today, Prince Harry, flying in from Canada to host a conference on sustainable travel and ways for ordinary travellers to offset the damage that travel does. errrr

This is just the tip of the iceberg though. How often does some celeb preach that the lower orders should change their behaviour while the celeb continues to do the very thing that is causing the damage.

Jane10 Tue 03-Mar-20 16:55:02

I don't imagine they'd expect to see that baby for more than a formal visit. I don't see the Queen and Philip as very hands on great grandparents somehow. Or Charles for that matter. Tracey Ullman has infected the way I think about Camilla and her babysitting approach!

NotSpaghetti Tue 03-Mar-20 17:07:56

No, I think you are right Jane about not seeing much of the baby but I expect they would like to see more of Prince Harry. Great-grandchildren are another step down the line and though no doubt you love them it surely is a little further removed.

I expect someone who has great-grandchildren will be able to enlighten us?

eazybee Tue 03-Mar-20 17:20:53

I am saddened by the fact that Archie will probably grow up without knowing either side of his family; no grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins in Britain or America.

maddyone Tue 03-Mar-20 18:23:03

I think that’s sad too eazybee, he will have no family on either side, except Meghan’s mother, and since I heard that she’s been advising H+M I’ve lost respect for her.

Anniebach Tue 03-Mar-20 22:09:12

William and Kate went to Ireland today for a 3 day official visit,
Megan flies in tomorrow, cameras are leaving Ireland to get
back for the junior family member . Good timing Megs