Gransnet forums

Chat

Time for another great Gransnet story!

(268 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 17-Mar-20 10:39:32

William Shakespeare is one of several writers who produced great works when stuck behind closed doors (he was in quarantine when he wrote King Lear.)

With our own 'Fifty Shades of Grey Hair' - see classics for the thread - firmly in mind, we thought it might be time for us to gather together and write a new great work between us. Who wants to start?!

Marmight Thu 02-Apr-20 23:35:07

The bullet whizzed past his left ear and hit a passing reindeer full in the flank. ‘Ouch’ bellowed the deer, ‘that hurt’. A talking reindeer?? Whaaat the heck! ‘Of course I can talk - I’m Sven from Frozen’ .............

Calendargirl Fri 03-Apr-20 07:26:34

‘And I was sent here from Disney to try and sign up the future queen to appear in our next production. But if she’s not available, well, any spare duchess would do’

trisher Fri 03-Apr-20 09:52:25

"Queen!" yelled the Prince. "There's only one Queen and I'm married to her! But there are heaps of duchesses. Take any of them. Take them all!"
"No need to shout," said Sven, "which one is prettiest?"

Calendargirl Fri 03-Apr-20 11:22:17

“I couldn’t possibly comment on that, more than my life’s worth, I would be accused of favouritism.
I will just say one of them is in Norfolk at the minute, the other one, well Frogmore, Vancouver, Los Angeles, can’t keep up with where she is. Maybe stick with the one over here now you’ve come all this way. Not sure if she can act though. Now the other one.....”

Marmight Fri 03-Apr-20 13:52:43

...of course there are always the York sisters/princesses. They both have incredible headwear, which is what you need in a Princess: the ability to carry off a good fancy dress. They’re probably down in Windsor hiding out with the Black Prince. The Royal Train leaves Perth at midnight - you’ll probably just make it. There’s a stable carriage at the rear - very comfortable & plenty of feed. Just ring your bell & they'll let you on ......

trisher Sat 04-Apr-20 11:27:57

"You know," said Sven "I'm inclined to drop the whole business and disappear back to LA. There could be someone there." And with one shake of his mighty head he

May7 Sat 04-Apr-20 11:52:07

Galloped towards the magical forest where he came across a bambi lying in the undergrowth. Wheres your mother dear he said softly...

Calendargirl Sat 04-Apr-20 12:06:57

A big tear fell from Bambi’s huge eyes.

“She’s dead” he sobbed, “killed by a hunter”.

henetha Sat 04-Apr-20 12:10:38

"After becoming famous because of our film, it all went to her head and she became hooked on magic mushrooms which grow here in our forest and she lost the ability to outrun hunters", Bambi cried. But I'm going to....

Marmight Sat 04-Apr-20 12:11:54

.....Leave my child ALONE,came a roar from behind a nearby willow. The most beautiful, voluptuous doe appeared before him, slavering from her mouth, her eyes on fire.......

Marmight Sat 04-Apr-20 12:12:45

Oops x twice ?

Calendargirl Sat 04-Apr-20 12:14:26

It was the ghost of Bambi’s mother.

henetha Sun 05-Apr-20 12:51:00

Looking amazing as she'd been re-styled by Gok Wan and had her make up professionally done by

May7 Sun 05-Apr-20 15:02:10

A very Dear friend called Cupid
She had a whole herd of friends who were very useful particularly one who's nose was very shiny so she used .....

henetha Wed 08-Apr-20 10:55:43

to sing "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" to him, but he took offence and charged towards her and......

Catterygirl Thu 25-Jun-20 16:04:36

Fell down a ravine, losing many carefully wrapped Christmas presents. Father Christmas saw this debacle and grunted

FlyingHandbag Thu 25-Jun-20 18:01:49

"It's your own fault, I told you to use that face powder I gave you"