Gransnet forums

Chat

Thank you to supermarket staff who are really in the front line.

(81 Posts)
fatgran57 Thu 19-Mar-20 01:04:26

Both my daughters work in a local supermarket and we know many of the staff also.

They are doing a great job and working all sorts of hours to keep things going.

The abuse from some customers is dreadful and this is happening all day long to these staff members.

In a lighter note my daughter sent me this - "In an unsettling reversal of my teenage years I am now yelling at my parents for going out"

Pittcity Sat 21-Mar-20 12:58:41

Tesco profits are up so employees are getting a bonus and extra staff discount. They are also offering jobs to people who turn up at customer services and ask.

May7 Sat 21-Mar-20 14:45:32

Coop as well

Harris27 Sat 21-Mar-20 14:48:59

If everyone just bought their weekly shop there would be enough for everyone.

Hetty58 Sat 21-Mar-20 14:57:11

Do all the mad shoppers realise that shops and supermarkets are the most dangerous places to be? If not, why not? All large public gatherings are banned for a reason! Maybe they all have a death wish?

I agree with the logic of the FB woman's argument - but certainly not with her wording or expression of it.

May7 Sat 21-Mar-20 14:58:25

Yes I agree Harris27 but they are not going to as there are lots of psychology reasons why panic buying happens. I havent yet met anyone who has owned up to doing this but they must be mustn't they ? I have bought extra items and think I would be foolish not to if we had to self isolate for 2 weeks.
Extra staff on the food chain is beneficial both to the stores and those people who need jobs. We need to look for alternative measures now to alleviate the strain