Gransnet forums

Chat

Things I have learned of late

(41 Posts)
Gwiz5 Wed 22-Apr-20 20:33:22

Evening all
It’s now no longer weird to ask Siri what day is it

Getting emails from easyJet saying ‘ picture yourself here ‘ is not at all helpful and a little bit mean Stavros.

Being afraid to try on clothes that did fit 3 weeks ago is not over the top.

Staying in in is the new out out.

???And in health news???

Shopping at Waitrose or M+S does NOT afford immunity from the virus OR as is currently thought exemption from following the rules regarding staying indoors/ not meeting for a delicious gluten/dairy/nut/meat free feast with Ethel and her 5 kids and her nanny and timmy the teacup dog.

Research done by A university for real people also now confirms that having a plummy accent and coming from ‘ anywhere that starts with ‘ North daaaahling ‘ Affords NO immunity what so ever. It does however lead to being more of an idiot.

????ON A PERSONAL NOTE ????

I’m pleased to say that my menopause bitch level has been downgraded - mostly due to the rise of that bitch Carole Fkcin Baskin

Stay safe , stay well , stay indoors.

lemongrove Wed 22-Apr-20 23:43:41

Damn! I really thought that living in Chipping Norton and shopping at Waitrose would save me.?

Summerlove Thu 23-Apr-20 01:00:00

I’m glad “that bitch“ has been good for something!

pce612 Thu 23-Apr-20 10:05:28

Who is Carole Fkcin Baskin?

Moggycuddler Thu 23-Apr-20 10:08:19

I don't know who Carole Fkcin Baskin is either. Which sounds like it might be a good thing.

grannyscott Thu 23-Apr-20 10:08:43

A teabag can do 3 cups /mugs of tea.

Gwiz5 Thu 23-Apr-20 10:10:23

@summerlove. Afraid not lovely !!

Sussexborn Thu 23-Apr-20 10:14:18

Not sure who she is but that seems to be a good thing, I think! I only shop at Waitrose when I can’t be bothered to go to the extra mile or so to Sainsbury’s. Is there a link proving which supermarket provides the best guarantee of staying clear of Covid 19?

polnan Thu 23-Apr-20 10:27:07

I want to know who Carole thingy is..
oh I found that a teabag does more than one cup of tea ages ago, but then I drink it black and weak.

b..... good job a plummy accent isn`t a pre- requisite for immunity, says me with my steadfast Brummie accent

I`m not one for travel so fiddle ( I did type stuff, but don`t know how to mark them out)all travel adverts

and being very smug here,, I have lost weight these last few months, but sadly, that is only because my dh died,, (I am not joking here)
I do NOT recommend that as a way to lose weight though.

Love this thread, thankyou

polnan Thu 23-Apr-20 10:28:02

and another thing, whenever I say thankyou, it is all one word
but when I type thankyou... it (whoever or whatever it is)
keeps telling me it is wrong

Canklekitten Thu 23-Apr-20 10:28:30

Carol f* Baskin fed her husband to a tiger!!!!

HannahLoisLuke Thu 23-Apr-20 10:57:57

Canklekitten that is just a rumour put about by that Exotic bloke with whom she's had a long running feud.

SueDoku Thu 23-Apr-20 11:30:16

I'm saving a fortune at the moment..!! I've always preferred to meet up with friends once or twice a week for lunch or tea out, as I don't go for many holidays, so usually spend my money on enjoying myself throughout the year...
It's been a sad comedown from the social point of view, but gosh, it's saving me money - my credit card bill has been half the usual amount..!
I've been sending money to my local Foodbank - as I am no longer able to go shopping so I'm not putting items in the collection trolley at the supermarket - and donating to my local volunteer group, who are doing a great job of making sure that no-one falls through the cracks in the support network.

Bucks Thu 23-Apr-20 12:16:58

Gone back to tea leaves at least 3 cups and then chuck on the garden or should I have said throw?

Nannan2 Thu 23-Apr-20 12:25:24

No Grannyscott, a teabag cant do 2/3 cups of tea,its just weak dishwater-BUT -a coffee bag CAN do two cups of coffee.and then can be opened up& is good fodder for roses i hear.smile

Esmerelda Thu 23-Apr-20 12:28:28

I looked the Carol person up on Wikipedia ... she doesn't seem too bad and I certainly agree with her views on exotic animals being kept as pets in American backyards. What has she done recently to get up your nose, Gwiz5? Has there been some recent scandal?

Buttonjugs Thu 23-Apr-20 12:55:31

The. bloke off of Tiger King plotted to have Carol Baskin murdered. She is a lovely lady who rescues Big Cats and has a sanctuary you can access on YouTube - there are several live webcams so you can watch them. I don’t know why anyone except that lunatic lot especially the one in prison would call her that. ??‍♀️

MawB Thu 23-Apr-20 13:15:29

Lemongrove gringrin

Bluecat Thu 23-Apr-20 13:29:20

Did look a bit like Carol might have bumped off her old man, though...

Bossyrossy Thu 23-Apr-20 13:30:24

Carol Baskin is no better in my opinion than Exotic Joe. Her tigers are kept in equally small enclosures and she charges people to come and see them, it’s a zoo. Both are as bad as each other.
Sorry, I digress from the OP.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 23-Apr-20 14:18:55

Carol Baskin is exploiting big cats in the name of conservation, her cages are far too small, she is as odious as Joey Exotic (have only watched the first programme, not sure I shall ever be bored enough to view the rest of the series)

LadyO Thu 23-Apr-20 14:29:44

A spoiler alert re discussing Tiger King would have been nice... I haven’t watched the programme yet ?

Oopsminty Thu 23-Apr-20 14:33:04

Carol Baskin is just as bad as all the other idiots who keep lions and tigers in cages. Dreadful woman

Wasn't hugely impressed with Tiger King

Far too many episodes but youngest daughter wanted to watch

AGAA4 Thu 23-Apr-20 15:20:40

Trip Advisor's top destination is the fridge. Very few cases of coronavirus there. A little cool most of the year but safe.

Canklekitten Thu 23-Apr-20 15:47:59

13:30Bossyrossy

Carol Baskin is no better in my opinion than Exotic Joe. Her tigers are kept in equally small enclosures and she charges people to come and see them, it’s a zoo. Both are as bad as each other.
Sorry, I digress from the OP.

I agree with you Bossyrossy. That Carol is a piece of work. No more an animal lover than Joe Exotic!! That bitch Carol f***ing Baskin!!!