Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(81 Posts)
12Michael Mon 27-Apr-20 06:10:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and appears to be a cooler start , maybe a weather change this week.
Did a reasonable shop yesterday , in the que of a few at 0930 for browsing , then 1000 check out, numbers are dropping as well.
I did notice last night ,someone where I live had a online Sainsburys delivery at around 8 last night.
Looking ahead with this lockdown , of what the future after will be like.
Mind you that daily routine of doing things on certain days of the week ,makes the week go by.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Mon 27-Apr-20 06:18:30

Good morning from a bright E Kent.
Nearly finished a quilt for DGD2, planning one for DGD1 next. She wants stars, I’m rubbish at patchwork...
For someone in lockdown, you seem to go out a lot, Mick.
Stay well and safe.

Sark Mon 27-Apr-20 06:32:13

Good Morning Mick, grandMattie and all.
Grey and dull here in Oxfordshire.
Work today but probably just the morning.
DD2 birthday today...she is on her own and I really wish we could see her but will face time later.
Have a good day and stay safe

NotAGran55 Mon 27-Apr-20 06:35:55

Good morning from a grey Skyed West Berkshire.

Housework this morning whilst listening to my new audible book . Research some recipes to include couscous .

Walk this afternoon and collect some second hand gardening magazines . Lady in the village is selling stuff to raise funds for a ‘penniless’ ( her word ) friend .

Keep safe.

Beechnut Mon 27-Apr-20 06:38:05

Good Morning everyone. Not so bright on Severnside this morning but it’s dry.

I had a lovely bike ride yesterday morning and saw a few new things round and about.

I might write some letters and possible start on some admin today, we’ll see. I’m going to order some plants too.

Best wishes for everyone who have things to contend with and stay safe and well ?

ninathenana Mon 27-Apr-20 06:43:22

Good morning everyone.
? GrandMattie yes, Kent is bright but chilly don't you think ?
Nothing planned for today. I have a load in the washing machine but that's about it.
Thoughts are with all those with troubles and ills.

Ginny42 Mon 27-Apr-20 06:46:34

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's a dull start to the day in Cheshire and rain forecast later. These past few days I have been spending a lot of time in the garden preparing both garden and myself for days of rain! Hoping I rescued a hydrangea overnight.

Had a lovely time Skyping last night with DD and DGS. She had sent me his homework project earlier and it was great to be able to chat with him about it and say how good it is. It really was a Wow! Lovely to see his smile. It always stumps me when he asks, 'So grandma what have you been doing today?' Same old, same old isn't really an answer for a child is it? I show him my painting and chat about baking and about my neighbour's dog, which he loves.

So as well as a walk in the woods, baking and some painting, I'm going to colour my hair. Yikes! It seems so trivial when I think of what some people are struggling with. It was lovely to see the Spanish children able to go out to play yesterday.

Take care everyone. Warm wishes to all with worries.

Scentia Mon 27-Apr-20 06:48:19

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. A little grey this morning. Had a dawn walk with the pooch today and met our little fox ? friend!
On a full day shift today and I am sat outside now, very early as usual.
Take care everyone and stay safe ❤️

harrigran Mon 27-Apr-20 07:00:20

Good morning from a calm and dry NE.
Thought I might have skyped DD yesterday but she had to work from home, probably preparing for video conference today. She did mention that she may return to the office in May but it may just be guesswork, she lives in Brussels.
Watched the whole of Belgravia yesterday and enjoyed it.
Starting to have some interesting meals using the freezer and store cupboard.
First ever food delivery is scheduled for Friday night, I can not believe we have had to wait so long.
Take care and stay safe.

Nannytopsy Mon 27-Apr-20 07:08:23

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s another sunny start in Suffolk but the forecast is for some rain this week. We do need it badly in the garden. Ginny I had to give first aid to an hydrangea last night too.
I saw the first swallow of the year yesterday!
Have as good a day as possible.

BlueBelle Mon 27-Apr-20 07:09:30

Sun pouring in the bedroom window here in Suffolk
I hope everyone is fine
Should have an hour at the allotment today otherwise nothing much planned

grandMattie Mon 27-Apr-20 07:16:34

nina, yes, it’s chilly. The heating came on for the first time in ages!

Ginny42 Mon 27-Apr-20 07:23:09

Harrigran I've just started to read Belgravia.

dragonfly46 Mon 27-Apr-20 07:27:56

Good morning from a brightish Leicestershire.

Taking dog back to the vet today and hoping for better news. Will have to explain why his fur is bright green where he has been rubbing in the grass.

Stay safe everyone.

Gingster Mon 27-Apr-20 07:29:03

Morning all and lovely to see you BLUEBELL. I always look for your post as you’re just up the coast from me. Haven’t seen you for a while. And you NANNYTOPSY, another Suffolk lass. Are you on the coast or inland? DH off to the hospital today for test results. He’s being picked up between 9 and 10. I can’t go with him as it’s patients only. Lovely sunny day - let’s make the most of it as rain s coming in tomorrow. Haven’t had rain here for nearly 6 weeks . The whole of lockdown. Have a good day all, enjoy the allotment BLUEBELL. ???

kittylester Mon 27-Apr-20 07:29:39

Morning all from a grey North Leicestershire. There is rain in the forecast for the next few days - but then it was supposed to rain yesterday and it didnt!

We had a video chat with DD2 yesterday and she got upset about not coming here as usual and her husband going back to work.

I think she is ok now but it was quite an emotional call.

kittylester Mon 27-Apr-20 07:31:30

dragonfly, I wonder which way the weather is going? We have grey cloud now!

Curlywhirly Mon 27-Apr-20 07:32:10

Good morning from a dull Cheshire. Looks like our spell of lovely weather may have come to an end. Saw the DGC playing in their garden as we passed on our dog walk; little DGS was kicking a ball and started to 'dribble' it across the lawn, he was using both feet and for a 2 year old was surprisingly proficient - grandad was chuffed to bits and of course was convinced he would turn out to play professionally!

Back to sewing hospital scrubs today, money for the material is raised via donations and all the scrubs, masks and scrubs bags are donated free to local hospitals. Beggars belief that our NHS staff are having to resort to getting their uniforms made by a group of ladies who like sewing!

Hope today goes well Scentia you are doing a sterling job. Take care everyone.

Gelisajams Mon 27-Apr-20 07:33:20

Good morning from a sunny Morecambe Bay. No early morning walk or bike ride today as I will be gardening this morning for an elderly neighbour. Maybe a virtual yoga class this afternoon. I’m new to yoga having just started a couple of classes at our gym just before lockdown. I’m sure I don’t look like the instructors - my body just doesn’t go into the positions they do....
Wishing the best day possible to all especially those who are finding this lockdown increasing difficult. Take care and stay safe.?

Puzzler61 Mon 27-Apr-20 07:35:25

Good Morning All. Nannytopsy & Ginny - what happened to your hydrangeas last night? I have a Dark Angel one which is coming on a treat.
Weather in Worcs is definitely dull but still warm. It started this way yesterday but then brightened up and came nice again.
I have a supermarket delivery this morning, waiting for the e mail to tell me what’s Not going to be in it. Hope it’s not the stir fry veg as I’m really savouring the idea of that for tonight’s tea.
I’ll be on my laptop this morning making a few purchases. My nighties have gone bobbly (spending too much time in them ?), and I’ve run low on Jiffy bags. I use these weekly to send little “care packages” to D2 who is living alone an hour away and haven’t seen her since before Mothering Sunday. Seems a long time,
Have a good start to the week GN friends - look forward to better times if you can.

NanKate Mon 27-Apr-20 07:35:54

Morning Mick and All.

Last day of decent weather in store today.

I have had a bout of IBS this weekend, I know too much information, hopefully it will be gone soon.

I’d like to be telling you about my fun-packed week ahead, but I don’t want to make you all jealous ?

dragonfly46 Mon 27-Apr-20 07:44:18

Grey clouds are coming this way kitty.

Marydoll Mon 27-Apr-20 07:45:10

Good morning all from a chilly, but sunny Glasgow.
Supposed to be raining later, so washing out early, I hope.

That's good to hear you managed some shopping Mick.
It's must be difficult for you, living on your own and having no-one to shop for you. Just keep safe!
I realise that I'm very fortunate in having people to shop for me, despite the fact that every visit is being recorded.?
People can be so quick to be judgemental and jump to conclusions, when they don't know an individual's circumstances.

An easy day for me today, my pain levels are quite high, so I think I will have a pampering day, eyebrows, nails etc.
I don't know why I'm bothering, I'm not going to be out of have any visitors, any time soon!?
DH' haircut yesterday wasn't exactly successful! However, it's ok, he can't see the unevan back. ?
I also have to alter the sleeves in a Joules top, I bought, they are practically at my knees. I seem to have exceptionally short arms!!! ?

Sending love to Gillybob and Dragonfly, who need much TLC just now. ?
Ginny, my best wishes for a positive visit to the hospital today.
Have a good day all.

brook2704 Mon 27-Apr-20 07:47:13

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy Inverness. It’s turned quite a bit cooler and the forecast is for a few light showers later.

I’ll be doing my usual dance exercise class this morning ? and then probably a walk around the local area..I’m trying to notice something different each time I walk out to add a bit more interest.

Had a lovely video chat with DS who’s in Switzerland - he said their hardware shops and hairdressers were opening today .. I’ll be interested to see how that goes !

I hope everyone has the best day they can and finds something to enjoy.

Take care ?

NannyJan53 Mon 27-Apr-20 07:53:20

Good Morning from a very damp and grey Black Country.

Made the most of yesterday outside as it was lovely and sunny until the afternoon when it rained about 3pm

Soup making today with the chicken carcass, then who knows! Housework, ironing, baking? The choice is endless smile

Not had my hair cut since the end of January now. I was due a hairdresser visit just before lockdown, but I cancelled. I think it may be past my shoulders before I can visit my hairdresser again.

Wishing you all a good day, with special love to gilly