Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Mon 27-Apr-20 06:10:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and appears to be a cooler start , maybe a weather change this week.
Did a reasonable shop yesterday , in the que of a few at 0930 for browsing , then 1000 check out, numbers are dropping as well.
I did notice last night ,someone where I live had a online Sainsburys delivery at around 8 last night.
Looking ahead with this lockdown , of what the future after will be like.
Mind you that daily routine of doing things on certain days of the week ,makes the week go by.
Take Care,
Mick

Nortsat Mon 27-Apr-20 07:53:50

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a sunny east London.
Didn’t do much yesterday as I was very tired following a bad nights sleep. Slept much better last night.

Our grocery delivery is scheduled today between 2.00pm and 10.00pm. I hope we’re not the last people in the schedule.
However, as ever, we’ll be very grateful to receive it.
We have a sizeable donation for the food bank now, as we haven’t dropped anything off for a month, but it’s complicated to know the best thing to do. My partner will try today, I think that’s probably an essential journey.
We are still ordering food to donate as part of our usual grocery order.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone, good thoughts to those who need them and ‘Let’s be careful out there’. ?

Nannytopsy Mon 27-Apr-20 07:54:26

Ginny best wishes to DH. We are inland and very rural - about an hour to the coast. We were just ready to start going to the sea regularly when this started. The plan is to gradually work our way northwards, exploring the coast. Since my first post, it has clouded over - a cooler day.

Nannytopsy Mon 27-Apr-20 07:55:35

Sorry Ginster, not Ginny

Urmstongran Mon 27-Apr-20 08:07:23

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s dull but mild. The children will be out again today though! I got quite emotional yesterday morning watching small mask wearing children out with their mummies or daddies (one adult per child, very strictly enforced here with police cars parked up observing compliance).

Himself is walking the landing. Those small brown tiles will need replacing in the weeks ahead! I walked yesterday to music by the ‘Beach Boys’ ? ? .... very jolly, it cheered me up ‘Wouldn’t it Be Nice’ and ‘Bar, Bar, Bar, Bar, Barbara Anne’.
Helps to keep my walking BRISK and not slide into a STROLL ‼️

No plans. Just the usual, read, audio book, come on here, Sky News at 6pm (here) I want to listen to Boris this evening. We need some direction and sharing of intentions - if only to shut the media sharks up.

Hope your husband’s results are encouraging Gingster and that you have another good day in work Scentia. It seems strange to think I’ll be in bed and asleep before you even finish and drive home!

Hope Monday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

EllanVannin Mon 27-Apr-20 08:15:24

Good Morning All x
A grey day, weatherwise. What a come-down from the brightness we've had the past couple of weeks.

I enjoyed two hours of " Unforgotten " last night so mustn't forget that the next episodes are next Sunday. It's the only thing that's held my interest for a while, it was good.

Some cleaning and tidying up but not a lot else. Nothing I need in the way of food today as for the time being there's enough to rustle up a meal, in fact if I make a stew today there " might " also be enough left for tomorrow out of half a pound of stewing steak.

It's surprising what you can prepare without doing a big shop and I haven't had as much waste either with over-buying, but it's difficult for me to live like this not being used to it.

Hope everyone's doing alright and keeping well. Thinking about Gillybob for who things will never be the same for a long time to come.
What's your local council like for helping the self-employed Gilly ?

Take care everyone and stay safe xx

Marydoll Mon 27-Apr-20 08:17:29

My day has just got better. DD has just picked up bread flour in Lidl for me. My cup runneth over!?

So much pleasure from a simple thing!

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 27-Apr-20 08:17:30

Good morning from east London, cloudy with a bit of sunshine filtering through but cooler. I think my conservatory windows are going to be blocked with tomato plants before I feel ready to harden them off. Good walk yesterday, canal and river, just so many bikes about. I’ve decided to give Gareth Malone a rest, at least until I’ve become reasonably proficient with my ‘other choirs’ songs. Couple of deadlines today; DP’s birthday card and write up of my review of Jamaica Inn for book club, both due tomorrow. And a cake to bake for tomorrow for DP. Dance routine at 11am and I’m going to do a shop this evening as I’m told it is quieter then. Have a good day.

Oopsadaisy3 Mon 27-Apr-20 08:19:08

Good morning from a dull, so far, Oxfordshire. Hope everyone has a good day, today will probably be an indoors day, lots of paperwork and DH and DDs tax returns to do.
Has anyone heard from MOnica lately? Hope she is ok.
Stay safe everyone.

Pantglas2 Mon 27-Apr-20 08:20:00

A later morning all from north Wales than usual - took forever to get to sleep so might need a siesta in the conservatory later! Weather not as orrible as expected so might get a wash on this morning.

Need to sort b&c insurance for the end of the month and tv license so that will pass some time - how very ‘exiting’! Hope there’s good news for Mr Gingster and that you enjoy the yoga Gelisajams - I find it keeps my bad back at bay so must be good for me!

Off to see if Miss Marydoll has opened up school for us reprobates.........stay safe everyone x

Marydoll Mon 27-Apr-20 08:23:04

A bit late today, Pantglas. Like you, a bad night.
I will be there, once I've stopped replying to DDs messages from Lidl, don't worry. ?

Brunette10 Mon 27-Apr-20 08:26:11

Good Morning from a bright Fife but it's to change this afternoon so shall make the most of the morning, it's rather chilly too. Baked a Mary Berry's Victoria Sponge yesterday and it was rather yummy. We had quite a long walk yesterday but DH has suffered a bit with sore toes so perhaps not quite so long today. Usual chores to do and that's it. Marydoll nice to get a nice surprise you'll be able to bake til the cows come home wink - Save me some please smile. Hope you are all looking after yourselves - have a good day and stay safe.

GabriellaG54 Mon 27-Apr-20 08:37:43

Good morning ladies...
I hope Monday morning finds you well rested after a weekend of doing nothing ??
A greyish/white sky here in Godalming looks ominous so I'm guessing it will rain at some point.
There certainly seems to be more traffic about as I can hear it on my run and as a main road to Guildford runs through town, it's likely more people are back at work.
Empty buses (all single decker) pass through doing all the normal stops but schedules have been amended.
A couple of things to add to Wednesday's mammoth Sainsos delivery.
I put out a bunch of rhubarb yesterday after seeing a request on our local forum.
They left a sweet 'Thank you' card. ?
I like that we have come together during these straitened times and hope it continues long into the future.
Had scrambled eggs and sourdough toast for brekkie with a glass of cloudy apple juice followed by cappuccino.
Nothing else on. I hoovered lampshades yesterday and ordered some tiered strawberry planters in line green plus netting which should arrive on Wednesday and I need to return a linen jacket to H&M .
I initially order two, green and cream but prefer the green one so t'other will go back today.
That's all folks.
Same old same old but we're all struggling to keep things interesting are we not?

Here's hoping that everyone finds some light-hearted moment during the day and those of you struggling with various worries can offload some stress on here, it's so frustrating not to be able to do more for you than listen, verbally encourage and sympathise.
Take care ??

cornergran Mon 27-Apr-20 08:39:43

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset. Another one with a truly dreadful nights sleep. Mr C is bringing me toast and tea, I’m instructed to stay in bed for a while. What’s not to like? Shed painting for Mr C this morning, once I stir there’s a forsythia needing a hair cut. Be gentle with yourselves and stay safe.

Pittcity Mon 27-Apr-20 08:48:40

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The sky is more grey than blue and the heating bumped on first thing.
Late start as there's nothing to get up for.
I will shower, dress and potter as this is my new normal. Leftovers in a risotto for tea.

GabriellaG54 Mon 27-Apr-20 08:49:56

I find This Works deep sleep spray, just a spritz on the pillow, to be a great relaxant and in no time my bedside light dims...shuts off and then it's morning.
Mine cost £10 for 75ml on offer but it lasts for ages. I sometimes use it to stop me reading or using my phone late at night.

Greyduster Mon 27-Apr-20 08:54:02

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A grey start to the day. In South Yorkshire. We may take a walk today as we haven’t been any further than the garden this weekend. All garden planting is now completed so from now on its general maintenance. No idea what we are eating today. Plenty of food - no inspiration! Anyone else suffer from menu fatigue, or is it just me.
Corner have a gentle day. A sleepless night always knocks me completely for six!
Have a good safe day folks.

Anniebach Mon 27-Apr-20 08:55:35

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

grannysyb Mon 27-Apr-20 09:01:29

Grey here, but brightening up, going to weed front garden while I wait for delivery that we missed on Friday, card in the letterbox when we came back from the allotment. Need to do some admin, but that's about it apart from a walk in the park later.

annsixty Mon 27-Apr-20 09:03:41

Good morning all from an overcast Stockport.
I don’t post often now but do read every day.
Some points have arisen which I feel need my comments.
Firstly agree we should be kind to people, we do not know how they feel and it is unkind to criticise without knowing the full story.

Secondly I so agree with not getting up early now, I had years of it with my H and now it makes for such a long day as I am in pain the minute I get out of bed and everything takes me so long to achieve that I don’t even try.
My hip and knee are past the stage where Zapain has any effect so resting is my default position.

Thirdly I second using This Works sleep spray, it works for me.

I hope you all have as good a day as you can and we get some useful rain today and then back to our good weather ( ain’t go’n to happen though).

gillybob Mon 27-Apr-20 09:10:28

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a sunny start to Monday . A rare sight indeed after days of cold and grey . I’ve been very envy of all the reports of sunshine and I even had to put my heating on yesterday as it was so cold .

My internet was down all morning yesterday. I thought it had been cut off grin

I’ve got that awful “worst day of the week” feeling even though I will only briefly call into “that place” to check everything is okay and keep myself right with the insurance. I fear demanding emails will start bouncing into my inbox .

I do hope there is some good news for your DH today Gingster it’s such a shame that he has to go on his own. I would dread to think my DH going to a hospital appointment alone as he just doesn’t take anything in .

I played songs by the Beach Boys to DH when he was in ICU Urmstongran . Some of the nurses would surf around the unit and it was hard not to raise a smile, which always made me feel terribly guilty.

Thinking of all my wonderful Gransnet friends and hoping we all stay safe and well.

Love Gillybob xx

Grandmafrench Mon 27-Apr-20 09:10:29

Good morning everyone. Woke up to cloud. Yesterday afternoon, we were stretched out after lunch in a cloudless sky, hot sunshine with a slight breeze and only sounds were 2 Hoopoes calling to each other in the distance. Imagine our surprise (and indignation) when 2 claps of thunder shattered the peace. Thunder over distant mountains where there were dark skies. Small shower an hour later then back to a perfect evening. Not sure what’s happened to our weather this month...in February it was possible to spend time on the beach, walk in the water and use our kayak. Oh well, at least it’s been a marvellous month in the UK. (Forgetting about CV for a moment).

How lovely the children can finally go outside in Spain. Hairdressers are opening today in Switzerland! Here we wait for such small treats.

Today I must feed/re-pot/give some attention to my houseplants; make some cushion covers for new garden furniture and attempt repairs to a garden sofa which seems hell bent on taking shabby chic to a whole new level ?.

Fingers and toes firmly crossed for Gingster today and Mr’s test results. I guess you might have already posted by now, but if not is there news of little Mr. ?, Gabriella? Was it NanKate with IBS? Sorry if that’s wrong - if I search back, I’ll lose this post - do hope you’re lots better.

To all with sadness, stress, anxiety, illness or just a fit of the glooms; and to everyone just keeping cheerful, have the best day you can and the start of a good week maybe?

Hugs from ??

Susan56 Mon 27-Apr-20 09:15:34

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.After weeks of sunshine we had torrential rain yesterday and looks like another dull start today.
Felt a bit gloomy yesterday.Have been so strict keeping to the lockdown to avoid the virus.I usually have to attend a couple of out patient clinics and nurse appointments and all have been postponed.I realise it is the same for everybody.I woke in the middle of the night worrying about the regular tests I have to check my condition and convinced myself I was really unwell.Now it’s morning I am being more rational and feel absolutely fine but a niggle of stress has remained.
Sorry for the ramble?
Am going to make Maids of Honour today,a right faff but DH’s favourite and he is doing sterling work on the garden and decorating.
Hope Dexter gets on ok at the vets dragonfly.
Gilly,fingers crossed you get somewhere with the phone calls today??
Have a good day everyone.

moggie Mon 27-Apr-20 09:17:05

Good morning Mick & all from cloudy Nottingham.
Made apple & blackberry crumble y’day, still have lots of blackberries in freezer from last year. Found recipe to cook crumble separately for a while before adding to fruit was lovely & crunchy.
Some ironing to do today & cleaning if it rains.
Hope Mr Ginster appointment goes well.
Thoughts with those with worries or illness.
Take care all & stay safe.

Urmstongran Mon 27-Apr-20 09:21:27

An especial good morning to you annsixty it must be hard to wake each day to such pain that limits your life. I do hope you are given a date soon for your much needed hip operation.

And good morning back to you dear Anniebach. You pop on here every morning to wish us all well. Hugs to you too as I know you struggle most days.

Susan56 Mon 27-Apr-20 09:21:45

Gabriella and Ann,thank you for the recommendation for the sleep spray.Have just ordered some.
Gingster,hope your DH gets on ok at the hospital.