Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you up to?

(66 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Wed 06-May-20 16:56:54

How are you all?
I’m having a cup of tea while listening to magic radio having finished my (late as I couldn’t face eating because of the pain in my legs) lunch. What about you?

GabriellaG54 Wed 06-May-20 23:16:36

Do show us a pic of the finished product Missfoodlove

Crazygran Thu 07-May-20 09:42:23

Moving house next week !!!!!!

krazykat Thu 07-May-20 09:48:58

Waiting for my nurse to phone that she on her way so I can have a shower.
I have to have a dressing changed on a rather delicate place so its best Im freshly showerd

jacalpad Thu 07-May-20 09:55:31

I’ve just finished the morning tidying and pottering essentials. Now I am going to get showered and dressed, and press on with scrubs bags I am making for the NHS!

SueLindsey Thu 07-May-20 09:57:38

Repainting my kitchen for the third time in a week. Didn't like the first two colours! Hope its third time lucky.

GabriellaG54 Thu 07-May-20 10:03:44

Crazygran
Great news. Hope it all goes smoothly. ???

optimist Thu 07-May-20 10:15:08

My nephew introduced me to podcasts and I love them, especially those that interest me most i.e. art history. And I watch Youtube clips such as Philip Mould "Art in Isolation", very short and so interesting.

GabriellaG54 Thu 07-May-20 10:23:39

My favourite artist is Vermeer.
I also think the work done by mouth artist and ex rugby player ? is wonderful and I intend to buy one or two.
ATM my favourite painting is The Tempest.

GabriellaG54 Thu 07-May-20 10:25:06

Henry Fraser is the mouth artist.

Coolgran65 Thu 07-May-20 10:26:58

I was up and ready to make two phone calls at 9am. Last night I messed up my password when on line banking and got locked out. So got that sorted with very patient customer service at Danske Bank.

Also this last month we have got our affairs in order. New Wills, Powers of Attorney, Funeral Plans, and grave bought. But where are the house Deeds! So I'm chasing Bank and Solicitor ( who has furloughed most staff and only operating via email) trying to locate them. Won't settle until I get responses.

timetogo2016 Thu 07-May-20 10:30:14

Reading this whilst having a cuppa and then onto sainsbury`s to do my aunts shopping i`m amazed how much my aunt and uncle eat,it`s been an eye opener and the list makes me smile.
Only 21 items today hahahaha oh and a kettle has just been added .

Gilly1952 Thu 07-May-20 10:32:56

Usually I spend most of my day doing absolutely nothing! I have it down to a fine art - but yesterday I surprised myself and made several meals for the freezer - spaghetti bolognaise, vegetable curries and also some turkey curry, as couldn’t get chicken breasts! The washing up took for ever, but I did polish off a bottle of Rose which helped! Then I sat in the garden for half an hour before messing about with my hanging baskets. Today I will probably sit out with my partner and get “Merry” on chilled white or pink wine! Got to make the most of the nice weather!

nipsmum Thu 07-May-20 10:48:24

Just come back from walking my dogs in the Park. The dogs are both sound asleep, I'm sitting quietly with a cup of tea deciding if I'll bake, cook or knit . Knit it is I think.

Maggiemaybe Thu 07-May-20 11:06:43

About to do my daily YouTube exercise after technical difficulties. My last internet search - Bloody Chromecast not working - bears witness to lockdown rage setting in.

maryhoffman37 Thu 07-May-20 11:10:19

About to have coffee on the swingseat in garden sunshine with my lovely husband, having just finished (early) the main writing project for the day.

Missgran Thu 07-May-20 11:31:44

Just having a cup of tea after been to the shops listening to the radio going to make some ciabatta after my cuppa

FlyingHandbag Thu 07-May-20 12:09:35

I feel quite a bit better today. How did the sourdough turn out missfoodlove

Missgran Thu 07-May-20 12:16:29

Me too we were sitting out in garden yesterday we should have been in Rome this week got refunded from Jet2 waiting to hear from them about our July holiday in Jesolo hoping to get away in England as you say it would be nice for a change of scene and not have to cook

Esspee Thu 07-May-20 12:32:14

@Gilly1952. Not a whole bottle I hope??

Well, after a stunning day yesterday when I only did a little desultory gardening it is overcast today so I have been having a 2 hour battle with Talktalk as our broadband has been cutting out for hours at a time every single day for more than a week. So far they have made three appointments for engineer visits two of which were kept and sent me two new routers.

The actual problem is in the open-reach fibre cabinet down the hill. I know this because another Openreach box outside my neighbour’s usually has at least 3 engineer visits per day since the problem started (there are about 35 customers from various suppliers affected) and I am on first name terms with several of them. They do not have access to the fibre box.

It is so frustrating communicating with Talktalk when you explain the situation and they insist on sending yet another router or making an appointment for yet another engineer to come out.

Anyway they threatened to close my complaint if I refused to agree to an engineer’s appointment so my only hope is that another provider chases up Openreach and they send someone to fix the problem.

I’m now going away to bash my head against a wall.

inishowen Thu 07-May-20 12:36:33

I started repotting plants then realised the new compost is in the car and it's too heavy to lift. Will ask husband later. I've changed all my wardrobe from winter to summer. Going to watch Doctors after lunch and finish the little sweater I've been knitting. At 5.30 I'll watch Richard and Judy on their new book show.

Brunette10 Thu 07-May-20 12:39:45

Just finished light lunch. Made a chocolate crunchie traybake this morning and is now in fridge cooling. Also got duvet covers washed and out drying although the sun has disappeared here in Fife for the moment anyway. Just going to watch the news at 1pm then get out for our daily walk. Oh this is an exciting life wink

Coconut Thu 07-May-20 12:44:27

I’ve just had an hour long Zoom call with 2 friends I’ve known since school days, we always do a quiz too so have many laughs. DGS has asked me to make him some more rock cakes today so I’ll go and do my hour power walk then get back in the kitchen !

grandtanteJE65 Thu 07-May-20 12:52:46

Right now I am reading Gransnet and have just laughed myself sick over the kitchen disasters, which wasn't very nice of me, was it?

Spent the morning on the blower, trying to find out how I could make an appointment for a corona test, which the hospital requires me to have before going in for a hysterectomy on the 28th.

It turns out that I cannot make the appointment now, but have to wait until a week before the 26th. The nurse I spoke to yesterday obviously didn't know that, and the national test web-site seems to have been constructed by someone in a tearing hurry, who neither could write correct Danish, say what they meant, nor build a web-site.

Yes, I know they are run off their feet, but it would have been far quicker to get someone to make the site who actually knew what she was doing.

Did some shopping and looked at my three lawns, but the wind is bitingly cold, so I am not going to mow grass today.

kazzer Thu 07-May-20 13:02:24

Relaxing after 4a.m. start when OH's defibrillator monitor device started flashing! Apparently we had no mobile phone network, we live remotely with poor reception.

rosecarmel Thu 07-May-20 13:08:55

I'm still looking to move .. not easy during all of this .. Planted some seeds from last year, it's remained chilly here, 50/s during the day, 30/s at night- Finch built a nest in a Christmas wreath I didn't get around to taking down, it doesn't sound like anything hatched yet- I've heard a pack of coyotes several times this past week- Still washing all my clothes by hand because I'm scared to go to the laundromat ..