Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you up to?

(66 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Wed 06-May-20 16:56:54

How are you all?
I’m having a cup of tea while listening to magic radio having finished my (late as I couldn’t face eating because of the pain in my legs) lunch. What about you?

GrandmasueUK Thu 07-May-20 13:30:52

Finishing vacuuming upstairs and waiting for yet another lot of bedding, in the washing machine, to hang out. The other day I finally finished washing, drying and pressing the entire contents of my bedding box. I loved doing it while watching a film or two on Netflix!

Lulu16 Thu 07-May-20 13:31:32

Repotting runner beans. Can't put them out yet as Arctic Freeze on Sunday!

Nanna58 Thu 07-May-20 13:52:12

Using our new breadmaker we are so bored we are taking it in turns to watch through the small window using a torch! ?

Greciangirl Thu 07-May-20 14:33:16

Sunbathing in my garden.
Now come in as a bit too hot.

Kate54 Thu 07-May-20 14:56:53

Well I’m useless at it so soon, I hope, because it always seems to end in disappointment.
Just been round to a neighbour’s (different street but the property backs on to our courtyard which contains eight houses and a small block of flats, many of whose residents are elderly with underlying health conditions) to ask nicely whether they think it’s a brilliant idea to light a very smelly bonfire and keep it doing for two hours in the middle of a very beautiful sunny warm day.
They sort of apologised, said it was a one off (actually the third time this week) and used the excuse that they had an awful lot of garden waste to dispose of! Just like the rest of us then!
Time to calm down and do something less interactive now.

Kate54 Thu 07-May-20 15:00:38

Apologies - that last post was meant to be a reply to GabriellaG54’s comment about all this domestic activity that’s going on.....just realised it was at the bottom of page 1. Haven’t quite got the hang of this yet. Same with baking.

Sawsage2 Thu 07-May-20 15:03:52

Nowt! Playing Gummy Drop ( and Candy Crush when I run out of lives). Will go to supermarket soon for bird food ?.

Floradora9 Thu 07-May-20 15:46:37

To-day I have been organising a quiz for the GC for a Zoom session on Saturday . I have got questions that they will be able to answer and some difficult ones on the same theme for the parents .Thought it best to have the teams as a family to save the GC being too competitive with each other.

east12 Thu 07-May-20 16:00:49

Finished some `gardening and now having a well deserves cup of tea. will go out for a long walk later.

Lisagran Thu 07-May-20 16:50:32

Been for a walk in the woods and the light was wonderful!

Happysexagenarian Thu 07-May-20 17:29:08

Vacuumed all the downstairs rooms. Did 3 baskets of ironing and put it away. Sorted out more fabric for making face masks, will cut them out tonight. Received, sanitized and put away 2 deliveries of groceries. Played with the dog in the garden, and now I'm going to have a cup of tea.

Hellis Thu 07-May-20 17:34:04

Just finished icing carrot and orange cup cakes and a banana and chocolate cake for tomorrow's 'stay at home' VE day street party. Going to make an afternoon tea platter for m e and my adult son who has been isolating with me. Earlier I repainted our wooden garden chairs so we have something decent to sit on in the front garden tomorrow

ArtySue Thu 07-May-20 18:00:24

Just back from my allotment. Planted out perennial spinach, moved barrowloads of bark chippings, made a cup of tea and sat in the sun watching a hedgehog then hobbled home cos my hips were hurting! Serves me right ha ha.

rosecarmel Thu 07-May-20 18:10:38

The finch hatched smile

rosecarmel Thu 07-May-20 18:11:30

Beautiful shots of the woods!