Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Sat 09-May-20 06:10:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice bright sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Another day in today, apart from exercise.
I will go and get a Chinese Take away later , just a soup and a main undecided as to choice, otherwise TV , like many spending more time watching it than normal.
Take Care ,
Mick

GabriellaG54 Sat 09-May-20 11:09:36

Yes NanKate only people of a certain age ?? use the term 'swizz'. ?

Marydoll Sat 09-May-20 12:08:47

jacq10, so sorry to hear about your friend. sad. I hope you are feeling a wee bit betetr physically. We just made it within the delivery radius.

Kalu, it's the one attached to Rouken Glen Park.
DH ordered online on Wednesday and they were delivered yesterday. We may buy more.

Fereneze Nursery are doing Click and Collect, but that's no use to us.

SheilaMary2222 Sat 09-May-20 12:31:11

Good morning from a beautiful warm and sunny Salisbury. Been sitting in the garden enjoying the flowering clematis which has at least ten more flowers ready to bloom. The sweet peas and rambling rose are nearly ready to flower too! Funny how I appreciate the simplicity of blossoming plants now. Enjoy the sunshine and whatever you have planned today.

GabriellaG54 Sat 09-May-20 12:40:42

harrigran
Is it Rachel Rhys by any chance...,?

Grammaretto Sat 09-May-20 12:45:37

Sorry to hear your sad news Jacq10 what a terrible shame. Don't go out walking if it hurts too much. We can always catch up on exercise later. or is that just lazy me talking?

Georgesgran Sat 09-May-20 12:54:37

mrswoo - Thorpes by Amy chance??

Milly Sat 09-May-20 12:55:38

That's sad JUSTWIDOWED, but you get used to it in time.

Have a lovely day in the sun.

GabriellaG54 Sat 09-May-20 13:01:46

Good afternoon everyone ??

Yes, late to post but not much to say, surprisingly ?
The tulips that my Sainsbury lady gave me on Wednesday are adding a beautiful splash of colour to the sitting room which reminded me to order 46 mixed colour geraniums from Thompson Morgan plus a trio of whisky barrel planters in descending sizes.
Plants give the feel-good factor especially if you have good weather to sit out and enjoy your efforts.
Run was uneventful, brekkie was rhubarb n yogurt. Now just reclining on the rattan sofa outside with lots of cushions, factor 30, water and going to have 90 winks.
Good wishes and ? to everyone. Take care.
See you tomoz...??

Purplepixie Sat 09-May-20 14:37:08

Good afternoon all!

We had a lovely day yesterday on our green with other neighbours for the VE Day celebrations. People kept their distance and it made a nice change to have a natter. Dancing last night and a few drinks had by all. The trouble makers kept indoors and thankfully no police had to be called out. I feel flat today as I had a glimpse at how life could be in the future.
An afternoon of sorting out fabric and then I’m back to practising embroidery. Stay safe and have the best day possible. X

Kalu Sat 09-May-20 19:43:17

Just noticed your post Marydoll. We have been constructing the blooming greenhouse all day. Still not finished, it’s nightmare ?

Great news re RK? Thank you so much for letting me know. Will be ordering tmorrow??

Marydoll Sat 09-May-20 20:01:08

Kalu, mine was built onto the side of the house, but was knocked down when we built the extension a few years ago. I really miss it! sad.
DH promised me a new one, but not sure where it would go now..

Kalu Sat 09-May-20 20:24:07

What we are trying to assemble is only 6x4. More than enough for my needs now. An extension would have been my choice over a greenhouse though. Hope you find room for a wee one?. I certainly wouldn’t recommend what we have been mumbling expletives at??