Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm shocked

(73 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Sat 09-May-20 22:50:59

Your thoughts...?
For the first few milliseconds I had no idea who it was until I read the banner. ???

ineedamum Sun 10-May-20 16:02:06

I wonder if the camera angle has caused him to look thinner?

I know he was reading the notes, but I didn't realise how much they read the script? Yes, he needs notes but for a cause he loves so much I expected him to know some of the words?

GabriellaG54 Sun 10-May-20 16:02:46

Aw shucks ☺️?
Imagine Archie talking with an American accent to the Queen. He might even rap.

Hi Queen
Howz ya been?
Two can play at your game how come I can't use yor name
Doan diss me or fuss me or even cuss me
I ain't gonna lie, I'm takin' over when ya die...
I'll fake it till ah make it
You'll see
I'm Arch- ee

GabriellaG54 Sun 10-May-20 16:05:49

In other words Lucca we'd never heard of her, unless we were Canadian and not necessarily even then.

Lucca Sun 10-May-20 16:06:12

Chewbacca. Whose coat tails ? She was well established in her job before she met Harry.
She may well it have been fantastic but “two bit” is very insulting and I don’t think her acting career needs to be brought into to the criticism of her behaviour since her wedding, that’s all.

Lucca Sun 10-May-20 16:07:22

Gabriella, ok but why not “relatively unknown “ then?

GabriellaG54 Sun 10-May-20 16:08:32

I choose my own words, don't you?

Lucca Sun 10-May-20 16:11:23

Of course I do. I’ll give up again. Every now and then I pop into one of the myriad threads on these two and question some of the comments.... it’s something else to do I suppose.

merlotgran Sun 10-May-20 16:17:33

I'll never believe Meghan married for love. It was a fantastic career opportunity that fell into her lap because a prince saw her in Suits and fancied her. In those days What Harry wanted Harry got!

Remember her words in the Tom Bradby interview when she recounted the warning from her friends, 'He's a sweet boy but.....'

What loyal and loving wife would say anything so demeaning knowing it would be broadcast around the world?

FlyingHandbag Sun 10-May-20 16:18:06

He seems a shell of his former self. Where is the twinkle and life in his eyes? She seems to have squashed him down to nothing and I am very surprised the queen allowed this to happen as she could have stopped them from moving due to her having the final say over everything and parental rights to the baby.

GabriellaG54 Sun 10-May-20 16:36:38

I think we're call trying to find 'something else to do' Lucca
Don't give up. ??

GabriellaG54 Sun 10-May-20 16:37:08

call all

Chewbacca Sun 10-May-20 16:38:12

Who's coat tails Lucca? Erm... Harry's? She was a small time actress, with a small time part, in a small time soap opera. Her career wasn't exactly on an upward trajectory. Along comes a good looking Prince, from one of the wealthiest families in the world. He's got phenomenal influence in pretty much everything he's involved in, from the arts to ecology, to charities; the world press is agog for his next utterances. Hitching her wagon to his couldn't fail to be a smart move could it? He can open doors that she never knew existed! And he's admitted to being in mental and psychological turmoil because of his past and he's looking for stability, security and someone to settle down and make a family with. Seems like a match made in heaven! But the balance of power isn't quite what it seemed at the outset. Harry is a fragile soul and Meghan is a careerist. With an agenda. <nods sagely>

FlyingHandbag Sun 10-May-20 16:39:25

Poor Harry!

Lucca Sun 10-May-20 17:39:55

Chewbacca. Sorry I don’t agree. Her series was quite a success on Netflix etc and since meeting him she has done any acting.
Anyway agree to disagree etc, far more important things to worry about, which is kind of my point too.

GabriellaG54 Sun 10-May-20 19:01:39

Looking at Archie's birthday video, he looks to have esotropia, a condition that Lady Louise Windsor had.

merlotgran Sun 10-May-20 19:41:13

Yes, I noticed that when he was filmed with Desmond Tutu, Gabriella

Callistemon Sun 10-May-20 20:12:03

Yes, he does seem to have that condition. I'm not sure how soon he could have treatment for that.

GabriellaG54 Sun 10-May-20 20:55:31

In the next few months, I should think. The earlier the better. Lady Louise had 2 ops.

NfkDumpling Sun 10-May-20 21:06:03

Perfectly put Gabriella.

Grannynannywanny Sun 10-May-20 21:10:08

Thanks Gabriella

Grannynannywanny Sun 10-May-20 21:30:37

I posted my thanks on wrong thread !

GabriellaG54 Sun 10-May-20 21:59:33

I wondered what the thanks were for...???