Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Sun 10-May-20 06:12:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry and bright start here this morning in Brackley .
The forecast is supposed to be changing with colder weather , but OK so far.
Got my usual Chinese last night , and will await today to see what Bee Jay says later as to lockdown becoming Lockstep .
Watch TV etc with a small shop , noticed my electric use is creeping up since lockdown.
Take Care
Mick

mrswoo Sun 10-May-20 11:16:50

Good morning from a grey, rainy Newcastle. I was woken just before 5 by a chirping noise. It turned out it was the smoke alarm requesting a new battery. Last night a wood pigeon flew into our French windows (they were closed) and then flew off. When I heard the alarm chirping I thought for a moment that it was the pigeon returned - why I thought that I really dont know - but I was half asleep at the time.
Happy birthday to your DH Grannysomerset and wishing Bellasnanna a happy Mother's day.

Has anyone seen anything of Doramarr on GN recently? She used to post on this thread every morning but it must be weeks since she last posted. I hope she's ok.

I've given the bathroom a very thorough 'going over' this morning. So now I won't feel so guilty for taking the rest of the day off!
Have a good day everyone. Enjoy the sunshine those of you who still have some.

CaroleAnne Sun 10-May-20 11:37:45

Good morning from Warminster to Mick and everyone who follow on this thread.
An indoor BBQ for Mr Carole Anne and myself today. We have some Scottish beef burgers and beef sausages with some lovely soft rolls. Quite a different meal for us so hopefully we will enjoy it.
A very Happy Birthday to Mr Granny Somerset. I told my DH and he sang Happy Birthday to Mr GS when he washed hands.
I wonder in which part of Somerset you reside? We love Somerset and are thinking of crossing the border from Wiltshire.
I hope that you all have a pleasing day an hope that Gillybob is able to have a restful one. I hope that all your dreams are fulfilled
re our prime minister's appearance this evening!!thanks

Feelingmyage55 Sun 10-May-20 11:59:07

Good morning from a damp north of Scotland. Church service and live chat was very uplifting. Off to make a snack and family phone calls. Take care of yourselves.

GabriellaG54 Sun 10-May-20 12:27:41

EllanVannin
Do taxi drivers in your area, thoroughly clean the back interior and outside door handles of their vehicles after every passenger?

Justwidowed Sun 10-May-20 13:21:40

Good morning/afternoon everyone.Have just had a very frightening experience, which is why I am late today.To cut a long story short,woke at 11AM in the throes of a severe hypo attack, my hand and arm were shaking and uncontrollable,luckily I could reach the jelly babies,ate 8 waited a good half hour and managed to get downstairs. Had breakfast and now much better.Had'nt
intended to do much today and now doing even less.Hope you all had a better start than me.Love to all especially Gillybob .

Susan56 Sun 10-May-20 13:38:11

Oh Justwidowed, how scary.I keep dextrose tablets next to my bed but jelly babies sound a better idea.Easier to eat.
Hope you feel better as the day goes on and take it easy.
GrandmaFrench,Henry isn’t doing too badly.One sicky day this week.Tomorrow is the day to add another food so ??

NannyJan53 Sun 10-May-20 14:39:52

mrswoo somebody mentioned (cannot remember who now) that they had pm'd Doramarr and she was ok, just taking a break from posting.

Hope you are feeling ok now Justwidowed sounds very upsetting start to your day.

Susan56 hoping little Henry improves each day, such a worry when our babies are poorly.

Urmstongran Sun 10-May-20 15:07:05

Poor you Justwidowed that episode sounded pretty darn scary - especially being on your own. I hope you don’t have to go through that again. I’m sure it must have frightened you. x

Susan56 Sun 10-May-20 16:18:50

Thank you NannyJan.x

Justwidowed Sun 10-May-20 17:25:41

Thanks NannyJan53,Urmstongran and Susan56.am much better now,probably overcompensated.My dinner will now be 8pm instad of 6pm.Susan56 sounds like you're the same as me ,type 1,I don't let it bother me too much after over 60 years .Take care

Grandmafrench Sun 10-May-20 18:35:25

Pleased @ your news, Susan.....baby steps for that baby boy. x Justwidowed wonder if you’ve been thrown a bit from your usual routine/diet/activities. Please take real care of yourself and keep your emergency rations close by so you can stay safe hold on to independence. Even worse than coping alone would be being ill and scared and alone. Take it easy? Big hugs. x