Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Sat 16-May-20 06:08:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but with a grey sky over Brackley this morning.
Today for me , nothing much ,and planning on my usual Chinese Take Away , 2 courses .
Mind you with this lockdown, I find myself snacking between meals for and my weight varying slightly each day.
But also under normal circumstances I would have been having my bi annual diabetes check .
Take Care
Mick

BladeAnnie Sat 16-May-20 10:30:14

Good morning all from a grey mid-Notts. Just been chatting to DD1 from the safe distance of our upstairs terrace. She came to collect her cake box as she and DGD surprised us with some lovely cupcakes on our "not wedding day". We had an excellent meal delivered, champagne and a lovely group chat with all our children. Now looking forward to when we can really say "I do" smile. Stay safe everyone and may Saturday be kind to us all x

GrannySomerset Sat 16-May-20 10:30:57

Just taken delivery of a belated birthday gift for DH from DD - half dozen bottles of organic Chianti. He is delighted but wants to save it until we can have visitors again. Might test just one with tonight’s duck breasts, though.

Empty day ahead but there is always weeding.

Taichinan Sat 16-May-20 10:56:46

Good morning all from a cool grey breezy Angus coast. I haven't read all the posts yet, but Blade Annie so glad you had a happy "not wedding day". Every happiness to you both. Bellasnanna I keep meaning to say I used to live in Malta and just seeing your posts brings back many happy memories - at the time you think those days will last forever. My DD was born in Mtarfa, we we lived in Buggiba (sp?). Don't remember rubbish collections at all - though there must have been some! - but have strong and fragrant memories of the "honey wagons" collecting the sewage! Didn't get to sleep til 5am last night so this is going to be a non-achieving sort of day, but must pick me some rhubarb, if nothing else. Have a good day everyone and enjoy your extra freedoms. Up here of course we are still tucked safely away, which is fine for all of us with gardens and in rural areas. I do feel for people isolated in their city flats. ??

GrannyOwl5 Sat 16-May-20 10:57:44

Good morning Mick and everyone from a partly cloudy east Kent.

Been completing the online order for delivery next Wednesday; funny what items are out of stock. Other job today is to transplant seeds into the garden or pots; everything has sprung up and some resemble triffids. Have 42 sunflower plants which have erupted over the last week; shall farm some of them out to grandchildren to have a competition for who grows the tallest plant!

Hope everyone has a good day both here and in foreign parts. Stay safe and if you do go out don’t forget to take a Lert with you ?

Kalu Sat 16-May-20 11:11:11

Oh I hate having those sort of rubbishy sleeps Taichinan. Feet up with a good book and a nap usually follows as my main achievement for the day in an attempt to lose the wrung out rag feeling. A stalk of rhubarb dipped into sugar in a poke for a treat?

EllanVannin Sat 16-May-20 11:17:49

Good Morning All x
The sun is in and out of the clouds this morning, so a bit unsettled and still that cold breeze. Supposed to be warming up next week---let's hope so.

Bathroom to clean today but that won't take me long then I'll flick round with the duster.
I've been doing a shopping list as a neighbour offered to get me some shopping from Morrison's when she goes later, so top of the list was the cream sponge which I'd been hankering after for weeks.

Last week I'd ordered some reading/story books from a hospice shop online and they came yesterday, so after a wipe with Dettol wipes I began looking at them, they're children's books and are in excellent condition, practically new and were only £4.99 for 13 of them---Usborne books are popular for small children and easy to read. I was quite pleased with that bargain.

I also managed to get a pack of 2 normal light bulbs in an apricot ( warm colour ) and was sorry I didn't get 2 packs, but I can always order more. They were £11 something for the two, expensive to what they used to be but I need them.

I'll be using up the rest of a meat pie I made and froze a couple of weeks ago, with some mashed potato and mashed turnip( which I love ) for dinner today and a chunk of cream cake grin

Give D a ring to see how she's doing with all her flock and if she can she can pick the books up for the children. I'll see her from within the car you see----method in my madness, a bonus if the GGC are with her too. No harm in that. smile

Anyway, all of you enjoy your day whatever you do and stay safe and well. Gillybob, get cracking with a stiff e-mail x It's really not good enough.!
Take care everyone xx

Serendipity22 Sat 16-May-20 11:57:25

Goooood morning Mick from Yorkshire..... well, talking of take aways I dont know if Fish & Chips falls into that category BUT the other day I had some .. whoaaaaaaaa mmmmmmmm.....

The sun is trying its level best to get out, whether it does or whether it doesnt, it's really lovely and warm.

Outside the house the workman are digging up the road , now normally it would be a case of grrrrrrrrrr... but considering were all experiencing unpresidented times, to see and hear NORMALITY taking place right outside my window I can tell you that its very welcoming

Enjoy your day everyone. smile

Feelingmyage55 Sat 16-May-20 12:17:31

Greetings from north of Scotland. Have been outside weeding and hoeing to fit in with the weather forecast. Got soaked in a sudden cloudburst so now dry and warm and feel entitled to do nothing for the rest of the weekend. ‘Nothing’ means making rhubarb jam, baking scones as neighbour has shared her flour (I will share the scones) and some crafting. BladeAnnie delighted to hear you ha a good day. A warm welcome to new people who will enjoy this kind thread. To all others. Keep on keeping on.

Taichinan Sat 16-May-20 13:16:34

Kalu I don't remember when I last did that! Vva stalk of rhubarb dipped in sugar! You're on!!

Taichinan Sat 16-May-20 13:23:01

EllanVanin I used to love the Usbourne books when I had little ones to buy for/read to. Best ever I think - tho I still love the A A Milne books (not the American style ones). Why do they step in and change things - then we over here follow like pet lambs.

Urmstongran Sat 16-May-20 13:52:37

CherryCezzy the prices both of our apartments would fetch = the value of a semi.
?

Kalu Sat 16-May-20 14:18:04

Halcyon days Taichinan. A rare treat for us sitting in Granny’s garden wearing sloppy joes, shorts and sandshoes. Happy days I can still picture.

Usborne books were popular in our house too EllenVanin eventually passed on to both DGs to enjoy. Fairy Tales for Little Children is still at ours although many have now been passed on to charity shops.

CherryCezzy Sat 16-May-20 14:34:38

Urmstongran, ? ?