Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Sat 16-May-20 06:08:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but with a grey sky over Brackley this morning.
Today for me , nothing much ,and planning on my usual Chinese Take Away , 2 courses .
Mind you with this lockdown, I find myself snacking between meals for and my weight varying slightly each day.
But also under normal circumstances I would have been having my bi annual diabetes check .
Take Care
Mick

grandMattie Sat 16-May-20 06:16:33

Morning from a grey, chilly E Kent.
I love Chinese food, but DH's digestion can’t take it.
A picnic with DS 2 today. First time we’ve seen him in over 3 months... really looking forward to seeing him.

billericaylady Sat 16-May-20 06:21:45

Hello there.

Today I will be doing some of My Family tree along with some sewing making Masks and bunting as due to being furloughed I'm one step ahead if I'm made redundant as its a small company .
I've set up a Facebook page to keep up with the youngsters lol

Looking forward to warmer weather this coming week as should have been on hol this week.

I'm not a Gran yet so no little ones to make for yet :-)

Beechnut Sat 16-May-20 06:22:02

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It is a dull start to the day.

A day of weeding and reading for me.
Enjoy you picnic grandMattie. 🥪

Have a lovely and safe day all 🌸

Scentia Sat 16-May-20 06:28:11

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. I am actually in North Nottingham just coming to the end of a night shift. I will be dropping in on my DS on the way home and we will go for a walk around Nottingham for a bit, I haven’t seen him in the flesh since Christmas🤔 (not my fault he is a busy man!!)
I also have something to drop at a friends house, I hope she has left her gate unlocked as it will be early!!
Once I get home I will take the dog for a quick mooch around the park then I will go to bed for a few hours sleep 💤 nothing else planned for the weekend.
Enjoy your Chinese Mick, I may do the same tonight actually.
Take care everyone and stay safe❤️

Bellasnana Sat 16-May-20 06:31:07

Good morning everyone. It is already looking like another hot day here in Malta.

I was awake early enough to put the rubbish out, which is an achievement in itself! We have collections promptly at 7am every day except Sunday, and I usually manage to miss it.

No plans for the day although I might wash the floors. It’s a losing battle since I have shiny tiles throughout and a very exuberant dog!

Anyway, wishing you all as good a Saturday as possible.sunshine

Pantglas2 Sat 16-May-20 06:49:32

Morning all from a dry north Wales where I’ve just finished my yoga stretches and am about to go back to bed with the chamberpot of wake up ☕️

Are you new Billericaylady? Where are you posting from? We like to get a picture in our heads of where everyone is and from your username I assume SE England unless you’re a long way from home!

Trotting out for a paper and walk later before oat pancakes with blueberries for brunch.....yum!

Stay safe folks x

gillybob Sat 16-May-20 07:13:25

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a bright start to Saturday. It’s still a little chilly so I’m wearing a warm cardi but I am making the most of sitting outside with my cuppa.

No plans for today except maybe pottering in the garden and doing a bit of housework . I have a wash on right now so hopefully I will hang that out later.

No further forward with those people at Barclays but had to laugh when I received an email yesterday asking for my feedback on how helpful they have been. Do they really want me to fill it in ........the phrase “complete Morons” springs to mind grin

I’m well impressed with those daily rubbish collections Bellasnana we are very lucky to have our collected once a fortnight around these parts (and I suspect that would be cut back further if they thought they could get away with it ) the motto of my local authority is “do as little as we possible can for the maximum amount of council tax”.

Welcome to Mick’s friendly good morning page Billericaylady smile

Have as good a day as possible everyone.

Love Gillybob xx

Sark Sat 16-May-20 07:17:57

Good Morning everyone.
Looking a bit dull in Oxfordshire but should brighten up later.
Sainsbury shop for us and lady next door and then a quiet day I expect.
Will have usual virtual tea and a chat on facetime with DD and virtual play with the GC...we are all becoming quite inventive!
Happy Saturday to all smile

dragonfly46 Sat 16-May-20 07:22:51

Good morning from a brightish Leicestershire. It could go either way today.

No plans at the moment. Must look in the freezer and rustle up something for dinner. Made a steak pie yesterday and a rhubarb pie with rhubarb from the garden. It will be gooseberries next as they are coming along nicely.

I hope everyone is feeling well and keeping safe.

Gingster Sat 16-May-20 07:28:25

Good morning all. Bit of a dull start here on the Suffolk coast. I’m sitting having a cuppa before I do my once a week paperound for us and the neighbours. dh usually does it but he still has one more week until he can drive, after his TIA three weeks ago.

The cafe on our beach has re opened just for takeaways so I imagine it will be busy down here for the weekend , especially as the forecast is good. I hope people will be sensible!

Might watch Cats the Musical on you tube this evening, as there’s not much else on. I think it’s the original which I saw in London Probably 30 years ago.

Have a good day all and kind thoughts for everyone. 🌺

NotAGran55 Sat 16-May-20 07:32:59

Good morning from grey overhead West Berkshire.

Husband and son working today so on my own again.
Inspired by The Great British Sewing Bed I think I will dust off the sewing machine which has been tucked away for a year . I have ordered some fabric and a pattern but not for each other ! The fabric is to make cushion covers and I’m struggling to find fabric for the pin tucked blouse pattern .
I love Liberty fabric but I’m loath to buy it on line without seeing it as it is so expensive and I don’t want to make a mistake.

I’ll make soup and cheese scones for lunch but that’s about it for today .

Take care .

Nannytopsy Sat 16-May-20 07:33:26

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Light cloud in Suffolk this morning but I should be able to do some more in the garden.
We got plants etc at our local nursery yesterday and the farm shop even had bread flour.
Tonight we get our first delivery, but it has to to our son’s house as they don’t deliver out here. We shall go and sit on the drive until the van arrives.
Keep safe everyone

Marydoll Sat 16-May-20 07:34:13

Good morning, Mick all from a cloudy and very cool Glasgow.

It's nice to see you posting, billericaylady, as Pantglas says, we are a nosy lot and like to know where people are posting from.
Scentia, you must be exhausted after your shift, but so excited to be seeing your son.
I'm finding it so difficult not seeing family, but it's absolutely necessary for everyone to keep safe.

Yesterday I went to start making lunch and DH kept diverting me. I couldn't understand why, as he is always champing at the bit. After years of retirement, he is still on office lunch time and me on school time, we are incompatible!
It turned out, my DIL had ordered an afternoon tea to be delivered at home, as part of my birthday treats. What a lovely thought, as I can't go out anywhere.

DD will be up to pick up her shopping from the Tesco delivery this morning. It will be great to see her, as I think she is quite lonely.
The Tesco driver and I have become friends, he is now coming on a regular basis!
She made me a chocolate birthday cake as a surprise, using my recipe. (She is not a baker). It was absolutely delicious, nicer than mine I have to say! grin.
I will make a baker out of her yet. She has dyslexia and can't cope with my, a bit of this and a bit of that kind of cooking and baking and needs precise instructions.
I have resorted to getting DH (keeps him out of mischief) to film me doing certain things.
It has worked a treat.

Planning to get out in the garden, haven't managed much this week. That will be my therapy, I findd it very soothing.

Have a good day everyone and stay stafe those who are getting out and about more.
For those who are facing an uphill struggle, especially Gilly and Susan's family and Annsixty. 💐
Dragonfly, it's lovely to see you on the thread again.

Urmstongran Sat 16-May-20 07:39:41

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s warm without sunshine. Himself has just gone out for his usual brisk walk.

I rang a friend yesterday who lives in Chorlton in Manchester. She is mid sixties like me and lost her husband to cancer last year. She said living alone is learning to navigate a new life. She was just starting to cope a little better when the lockdown occurred.

We chatted for almost an hour. She had recently taken up golf again (I think she’s good at it!) and played with a friend on Thursday. 9 holes, members only and no clubhouse or loo open. She really enjoyed it and has given her something to look forward to again.

She was telling me of someone she knows who is 80y and had to attend hospital after cutting her hand badly, requiring a few stitches. Apparently she was routinely tested for C-19 on arrival and was most surprised to find she had it as she was symptom free and felt completely well!

Hello billericaylady 👋 as where you live don’t forget to let us know the value of your house.
😂😊

Hope Saturday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

ninathenana Sat 16-May-20 07:40:52

Good morning everyone

We had pizza delivered last night, naughty but nice
"Our" cubs were out last night at dusk and there are in fact 6 not just the 3 we had seen previously.
Himself will be off to do the weekly shop soon and I will pick him up after. He will then cook breakfast and potter in his workshop. Apart from cleaning I'm nit sure what I'll do.
Stay safe.

gillybob Sat 16-May-20 07:41:15

Are you willing to share your special chocolate cake recipe Marydoll? That’s assuming I can get flour from somewhere. smile

I hope you enjoyed your special birthday afternoon tea. What a thoughtful family you have .

Urmstongran Sat 16-May-20 07:44:53

Ha! X posts ... I’m posting at exactly the same time as you again Marydoll it’s spooky! 🧙‍♀️

Pittcity Sat 16-May-20 07:49:58

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. No sitting outside for us as not quite warm enough.

I have been working on my Family Tree too billericaylady.

We might get a takeaway delivered tonight too Mick...chippie, Chinese or kebab?

Gelisajams Sat 16-May-20 07:58:30

Good morning from a cool calm cloudy Morecambe Bay.
Lazy day for me today. I’m still in bed with my cup of tea which DH brought up before he went for a run. I often wonder about taking up the couch to 5k as a friend has done, but being asthmatic I lie down till that idea passes! Our daily exercises and walks are enough for me.
Yesterday’s 100 th birthday ‘celebration’ was really weird. We arrived at our given time and knocked on the front door. The door was opened by her daughter who handed us a party bag (a local store carrier bag) containing a paper plate with cake, serviettes and a small bottle of Prosecco. We stepped back and her 100 year old mother appeared. We wished her Happy Birthday and she told us she got her card from the Queen, which she said she’d put at the back of the display because the cards from people she knew were most important.
We told her to enjoy the rest of her day and off we went!
I’ll be doing something similar on Monday when I meet my son in his local park to wish him Happy 40th Birthday. That will be quite a long drive for 10 a ten minute visit. I don’t even want to go for a walk with him as he works in a warehouse sending out all our internet orders.
Must get up. Can’t stay in bed playing on my iPad all day!
Take care everyone and stay safe. 🌸

Sar53 Sat 16-May-20 08:00:14

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Essex by the sea. The sun has deserted us today.
Apart from a walk along by the sea we have nothing planned for today.
I have just started a new jigsaw and DH plays a lot of online crib.
I ordered a couple of masks online yesterday, one blue and one pink. I'm going to have to go to the shops at some stage so I thought I would be prepared.
Have the best day you can and stay safe everyone xx

Marydoll Sat 16-May-20 08:01:01

Urmstongran, we do seem to be telepathic! grin.

Of course I will Gilly. It's nothing special, but so easily adaptable. I think it may have started out as a Victoria Sponge recipe, which I kept adapting. I'm notorious for that!
It drives my family nuts, when they ask for a recipe.

I'm so excited, I have just secured another Tesco delivery.
That is me covered for the next three weeks. I can't believe how fortunate I (and my neighbours, and my daughter) am.
It's just one less think to worry about.
All I really want is condensed milk, I'm not bothered about anything else!

Gilly, Aldi and Lidl have flour in our area, may be worth looking, or have you already?

Ginny42 Sat 16-May-20 08:01:14

Good morning Mick and everyone from a sunny morning in Cheshire. The trees are very still and it looks like I shall be out in the garden most of today.

I read yesterday that Vit D may play a role in the body coping with Covid-19, so I'm going to keep topping it up as often as possible. Can't do any harm.

I spent a lot of time making a loaf yesterday and quite honestly it wasn't worth the effort. Good texture, but nothing special. My neighbour rang from Sainsbury's last night to see if I needed anything and I said a wholemeal loaf please! I'm looking forward to some nice toast when I get back from my walk.

Phone chats with friends has kept me grounded and it will be nice to have a real visit and a garden chat with my oldest friend today. That's a giant step towards freedom. smile

Stay safe and have the best day you can. flowers for all. x

QuaintIrene Sat 16-May-20 08:04:11

Good morning everyone from a cloudy, chilly West Yorkshire.
Ooh, I can’t remember the last time I had a takeaway. Sorely tempted...
Big cat has eaten her breakfast and is having a good wash. Time for her groom and pedicure as well sometime today.
In the mood for a film this afternoon so I shall see what’s on TV or put a dvd on.
Take the best care everyone and special thoughts for those ill or troubled 💐

brook2704 Sat 16-May-20 08:09:37

Good morning mick and everyone from a cloudy Inverness. I hope the sun will peep out at least for a little bit sometime today.

I enjoyed another longish walk yesterday - I just kept wandering and ended up quite far away from home - it was lovely to find new local areas to explore but I had to endure the uphill trek back 😱. On my way back though I messaged DH to ensure he had the kettle on a a little treat awaiting !

Welcome to billericaylady and all other newbies

Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and those meeting up at a distance with family have a lovely time 😀😀

Take care especially those with worries and struggles 💐