Gransnet forums

Chat

how is the lock down for you-a not too serious thread

(27 Posts)
petunia Mon 18-May-20 07:38:01

When lock down started, I was energised. I suddenly realised I had a lot of free time, something that is usually in very short supply.

I decluttered my wardrobes, sorted my shoes, reorganised the kitchen cupboards, cleaned bits of the house I normally drew a veil over (whispers-under the bed). Every inch of the house was examined, cleaned and made tidy. Once the fine weather started I tackled the garden. Dug, weeded, planted seeds, attacked the shed. We even managed a major decorating job.

Now those jobs are done and two things struck me.

One, many of the people I know have used this time to learn a new skill, all be it online. They have been doing Zoom exercise classes or yoga everyday.

And two, I have discovered the joy of indolence. I can now easily wile away half a day flitting from Gransnet to Pinterest, the newspapers and Mumsnet on my laptop. But at the same time multitasking. That is drinking coffee and eating biscuits.

So once this is over, my friends will emerge slender and relaxed, serene and lovely. I will come out the other end chubby, rotund and bleary eyed. And unruly hair.

What did you do during the lock down?

Oopsadaisy3 Wed 20-May-20 13:54:38

Same for me, already retired so nothing extra to do, until DH retired, now I spend days ordering stuff online for him to do all of the jobs that have been waiting for 25 years, although 25 years ago I wouldn’t have worried about him up on the roof, but this time I went indoors, so much less worrying than standing there watching....
Today we have a repair man coming into the kitchen so I have cleared all of the worktops and shut everything away m then after he has finished I just have to wash down all the counter tops. He will come in to the back door straight into the kitchen and if he’s thirsty he’ll get a can of Coke. Then I’ll have to put all the stuff back.
DH is doing the guttering as we speak so I’m indoors not worrying, on GN with a coffee and some chocolate biscuits.