Gransnet forums

Chat

Two Years Ago Today....

(81 Posts)
Calendargirl Tue 19-May-20 06:40:05

It was ‘that’ wedding.

Whatever your views on Royal Weddings, I think that most would agree it was a spectacular day.
The glorious weather, the beautiful setting, the outfits, the ceremony, the music, the carriage ride....

So as H&M’s Cotton Anniversary dawns, just over 100 short weeks since that day, I wonder what they are thinking?

Did they visualise they would be the proud parents of a baby boy?
Probably.

Did they think they would be living in L.A., not London?
Probably not.

Did they envisage they would have no royal role to speak of, and little (I assume), contact with the Royal family?
Who knows.

Are they as happy as they seemed to be that day?
?

Before anyone says, not another H&M thread, I thought it would be a change from all the CV ones, serious though it is.

Anniebach Wed 20-May-20 11:47:30

I don’t‘ ‘love Harry’, spoilt selfish people are difficult to even like.

MawB Wed 20-May-20 12:01:29

Actually, two years ago I was watching my two older grandsons (8 and 6 at the time) indoor “skydiving” and missed the whole thing!
Don’t think I missed much!

maddyone Wed 20-May-20 12:08:57

Agree eazybee
I’m afraid I really don’t like her, though of course, it matters not one jot whether I like her or not. I feel slightly sorry for Harry, as he has been so protected and cosseted all his life, that I think he was probably couldn’t see what was coming. He didn’t understand her underhand manipulation techniques. He’s been used to other people being straightforward with him I suspect.

It must have been hurtful to him though if the reports are correct and their wedding anniversary wasn’t mentioned on the official sites the royals normally use to wish one another happy birthday etc.

Niobe Thu 21-May-20 20:54:03

Eeazybee, that's my favourite poem!

Tweedle24 Wed 27-May-20 18:25:38

Grannynannywanny You are quite right: the royal family paid for the wedding (excluding security), not the house refurbishment ?Sorry!

Maddyone As they have given up royal duties, they would not have anything in official royal publications