Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(66 Posts)
12Michael Wed 27-May-20 06:08:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright sunny day here in Brackley this morning.
Last night ,I actually watched Star Wars Skywalker ,took awhile to get into it, but resolved at the end, I have been so used to seeing films sequel wise where the ending of is normally the opener for the next.
Today a small shop , cannot wait to be able to visit other shops in a few weeks time.
Mick

grandMattie Wed 27-May-20 06:15:06

Morning. Bright but cooler in E Kent.
My weekly treat today - supermarket shop. I enjoy queuing as I can chat to one or other person bookending me. The other day I met someone who came from the same small island as me! Very odd and vanishingly rare.
Painters getting on well, electrician is fitting a proper, powerful extractor for the bathroom. No more mould or scaling of ceiling.
gilly I hope your B... saga is resolved, together with the pension stuff.
All the rest of you, have a serene day.
Stay well, stay safe.

Beechnut Wed 27-May-20 06:18:07

Good Morning everyone from a cloudy and warm start on Severnside.

A morning indoors doing things and this afternoon who knows what mischief I could get up to.

Have the best day you can all ?

Ginny42 Wed 27-May-20 06:34:57

Good morning Mick and everyone from a beautiful sunny morning in Cheshire too.

Lovely morning story of a nurse and doctor marrying in the chapel at St Thomas's hospital, just the two of them and the vicar. Virtual celebrations with relatives drinking champagne. Cheered me up too.

The prospect of getting out more feels like awakening from a deep sleep. Had a text from the hairdresser to say they're taking bookings now for after 15th June. Need to check the dentist about my 6 month appointment due, as I've lost part of a tooth.

I've been checking out OU online courses and will sign up for one today. Not quite sure which one exactly, but it will be in the Arts.

Today is more walking, baking, painting and chatting with friends and family. Need to check up on some friends I only see occasionally.

Have the best day possible and stay safe. flowers for all.

Grammaretto Wed 27-May-20 06:45:36

Good morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders. Another nice day in prospect.
I'm now curious about your small island grandMattie!
I forgot what day it was and missed my yoga class on zoom yesterday but will do an online one today.
Some more gardening.
DD filmed DGD phoning grannie. She is 2 and a half and adorable. It's my new favourite film!

Have the best day you can.

cornergran Wed 27-May-20 06:57:21

Morning Mick, morning All. A very warm day forecast for our corner of Somerset. Will tackle some very necessary dust removal while it’s still cool then find a shady spot in the garden. Our sea front is now far too busy fo enjoy during the day. Back on cat feeding detail as our friend has been readmitted to hospital, there’s much concern for her. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

Kalu Wed 27-May-20 07:03:03

Good morning all from Glasgow where the skies are grey at the moment and a much calmer day.

Hoping to hear your sore throat has disappeared Marydoll and you have a less painful day.

Not much planned for the day really so probably another F&F day, fine by me as I always find plenty to keep me busy should I be in that mood or if I CBA then a none constructive day is what it is. ?

Have a good day all whatever you are planning to do.

Kalu Wed 27-May-20 07:16:04

I’m not surprised that is your favourite film Grammaretto, it’s such a lovely stage at that age, so entertaining and endearing with such antics.

kittylester Wed 27-May-20 07:17:55

Morning all from a bright and warm North Leicestershire.

Ironing and admin today. Deep joy!

Pantglas2 Wed 27-May-20 07:19:00

Morning all from a glorious north Wales where I’m contemplating the day’s delights - a shopping list for the dreaded shop tomorrow!

I used to love food shopping- meandering the aisles picking up bargains and planning meals on the hoof. Now, I scuttle round like a shifty looking thief! Let’s hope the joy comes back soon!

Stay safe x

brook2704 Wed 27-May-20 07:21:13

Good morning everyone from Inverness. The sky has turned grey but it’s still warm and hopefully the sun will pop out for a bit later.
Yesterday I had a very long walk from home down to the fairly new university campus area where there’s a lovely park area with ponds that’s being developed. It was beautiful in the sunshine and I really enjoyed it. I couldn’t face the uphill walk back though so had to phone DH to pick me up ....?

Grammaretto I know what you mean about your favourite film of your DGD ! I’ve got a couple of similar ones that I keep replaying over and over again - Awwww !

Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and has the best day they can. Special hugs to everyone with extra worries and struggles ?

Urmstongran Wed 27-May-20 07:24:28

Sun’s up here!
Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s a bit hazy first thing but warm ?

From today, Wednesday 27 May, Spain officially starts a 10-day mourning period to pay tribute to over 27,000 confirmed deaths from Coronavirus in the country.

Until 6 June, flags will be flying at half-mast at more than 14,000 public buildings across Spain, as well as on all the navy’s vessels.

On a more upbeat note, my youngest daughter sent me this last night. She’s been trying to diet and it gave us both a giggle!

Hope Wednesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Puzzler61 Wed 27-May-20 07:24:50

Good morning Mick and all. It’s started warm from the ‘get-go’ in Worcs. Hard to believe it’s only May and we’ve already had such prolonged summery weather. ? Not complaining!

I hope Marydoll has found something to soothe her throat, and that gilly will resolve Barclays and Pensions one day soon - she still has her poorly DH to worry about. More than any one person should bear. ?

Deliveries day today - groceries from Sainsbury’s and a separate meat & pies delivery. Better get the anti-bac wipes out after breakfast.
Look after yourselves and have the best day you can. ?

dragonfly46 Wed 27-May-20 07:42:54

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

I may wash a few more windows today or as I can still see through them I may not!

Hope Mary is feeling better. I had no idea what yesterday’s puzzle was? Is the answer anywhere?
Hope you are getting things sorted gilly.

Gingster Wed 27-May-20 07:49:45

Good morning all. We’re back in Essex after staying in Suffolk for almost 10 weeks in lockdown. We needed to get back for docs appointments and to glimpse the family . We don’t have a holiday home as we spend equal time in both places. The AC have looked after the garden and the house so we didn’t come back to a lot of work.

Hope everyone has a stress free day. ?

grannysyb Wed 27-May-20 07:53:13

Good morning all from the queue for the tip, it opens at 8. A bit more cloudy today but still warm. DH is going to rotovate the patch on the allotment which has been cleared of brambles. He is going to plant fruit trees there. Hope Gillybob gets somewhere with Barclays. Have a good day everyone.

Lins1066 Wed 27-May-20 07:56:11

Good Morning Mick and all from a sunny S Welsh coast, it feels warm.
Yesterday I did some baking and this morning there is some ironing to be tackled. I tend to do any chores in the morning too, then relax in the afternoon before going for a walk. I hope that gilly may see some light at the end of a very long banking tunnel. We are all rooting for you.
Hope Marydoll is better.
Stay safe everyone.

BlueSapphire Wed 27-May-20 07:56:30

Good morning everyone from another sunny day in Northampton.

Feeling much better this morning, after being down yesterday, and not getting much done.

Must cut the grass this morning ready for green collection day tomorrow, and then perhaps do some washing. A walk out to the corner of the road, find the online yoga class that my teacher has posted, practise some mindful breathing, and find the recipe for Greek meatballs. I have already made the meatballs (must get them out of the freezer!), it's the sauce recipe I need.

Will probably sit in the garden with the cats this afternoon and read.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Beechnut Wed 27-May-20 08:00:43

BlueSapphire ??

Urmstongran Wed 27-May-20 08:00:57

Morning Blue ?
Good to hear you’re more upbeat today and also that your appetite is returning. You ARE making progress - two weeks ago you couldn’t have contemplated making and eating meatballs. Just shows how far you’ve come and possibly don’t realise it. x
?

NfkDumpling Wed 27-May-20 08:05:31

Morning All

Cooler and grey here in the north of Norfolk.

No plans for today apart from house cleaning. I’ve been saving it up for a treat - no point in cleaning until it really shows!

?for Gilly. I hope you’re keeping a diary. You could make your fortune selling your story to the Daily Mail, etc.

harrigran Wed 27-May-20 08:05:35

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Have been asked to clear furniture from home in the Lakes as buyer wants to complete on Friday. Would have all been done if it hadn't been for lockdown.
BIL was being transferred to another hospital yesterday, sister unable to visit and she has no family, only her siblings and we are in the UK.

DH has started the laundry so it is a washing and ironing day.

Take care.

Puzzler61 Wed 27-May-20 08:06:21

dragonfly. It was BUTTON.
Marydoll came back to class soon after 7 pm with the answer.

grandMattie Wed 27-May-20 08:07:30

gramaretto. It is Mauritius. There is a minute white population, who were the original colonists. I am descended from one of those families.

Oopsadaisy3 Wed 27-May-20 08:14:54

Good morning from a beautiful morning in Oxfordshire, I went out early and did a bit of pruning whilst Mr Oops sleeps on.
A resting day today as we painted the outside of the garage yesterday, and we decided one day of work and one day of sitting.
DDs dog arriving later so we will take an early walk before it gets too hot, then we will sit under a tree for the day and read.
Or we might sort the shed out, it’s cool in there and nothing too heavy to lift.
Have a good day everyone and stay safe.