Gransnet forums

Chat

It's raining Hurrah! Anyone else pleased?

(86 Posts)
trisher Wed 03-Jun-20 10:10:29

I am so pleased this morning to wake up to wet weather. The sun has been great but I missed the rain. It's good for the garden and mine looks greener already but I also just love the rain. Is that weird?

shysal Wed 03-Jun-20 17:22:31

No rain here in Oxfordshire. I was hoping for a day when I didn't need to water my plants. It is GS1's 21st birthday today, so at least he might manage to be visited in the garden.

Grannynannywanny Wed 03-Jun-20 17:33:14

No I’m not happy to see the rain as I have a leaky roof. I will have to clamber into the loft to see if the buckets need emptied if we have heavy rain ?

GrannySomerset Wed 03-Jun-20 17:34:11

Enough rain to put me off the necessary weeding but not enough to really reach the roots, so I fear the hose will have to come out if it doesn’t rain some more soon. Smell lovely though.

Chewbacca Wed 03-Jun-20 17:47:10

It's damp, grey and chilly here, in fact, it's so cool that I've got a jumper on, closed all the doors and windows and put the heating on for the first time in weeks. I've finally got around to doing some housework today without feeling worn out and exhausted before I've even started. Much prefer this weather.

bikergran Wed 03-Jun-20 17:53:18

Here in N West Lancashire it seemed to have rained gently most of the night as I kep hearing it.

Much welcomed for my dads allotment so at 84 he doesnt have to keep carting water bottles about, we have arranged some plastic corrigated sheeting on a slope so it runs into his big water butts.

They all had about 2 inch of water in this morn so fair bit of rain.

libra10 Wed 03-Jun-20 18:01:24

I'm also in the NW, and we had rain during the night and early morning.

Great for the garden and veg patch, not too great while walking the dog, but we soon dried off.

More rain definitely needed.

sodapop Wed 03-Jun-20 19:44:00

Yes it was a bit scary Callistemon totally unexpected, by the time we got home the sun was shining. Weird weather lately.

Trisha57 Wed 03-Jun-20 19:49:58

No rain today in the South East. My lawn, only laid last year, looks like a cement car park!

LadyGracie Wed 03-Jun-20 20:04:00

Not much rain fallen in South Wales, we could do with 24 hours of steady rain, then it can buzz off for a few days.

watermeadow Wed 03-Jun-20 21:04:15

We got about 6 drops. Please send us some from the north.
The coolth is very welcome but I want to walk over the Common with the dog in pouring summer rain.