Gransnet forums

Chat

Something I am enjoying during lockdown...

(58 Posts)
Loobs Fri 05-Jun-20 13:37:45

I have discovered TV programmes I would not have watched if I wasn't stuck at home most of the day. I had heard about The A Word but never watched it, it didn't really appeal but I am now on series 3 - wonderful The joy of finding a whole series (or more) of something you haven't watched - Taskmaster, Big Little Lies and a few others - anyone else discovered a series they love (or re-discovered for that matter)?

Peewitt52 Sat 06-Jun-20 19:30:56

I’m enjoying doing exactly what I want when I want and not feeling a bit guilty.

ChrisK Sat 06-Jun-20 19:35:31

I have found lots to do, more TV especially weekends bbc2 afternoons classical musicals, my u3a music appreciation group once a month when the weather permits a little exercise. I try to speak to friends daily and am supporting an elderly friend with shopping and friendship missing FC though even though we facetime weekly we need to keep looking and moving forward one day at a time good luck all

ChrisK Sat 06-Jun-20 19:35:56

Meant to say missing dgc

Witzend Sat 06-Jun-20 20:39:58

Lots of knitting, lots of reading - thank goodness for the Kindle! The other day I downloaded the whole of the Forsyte Saga for 0p. I’ve read it before, but ages ago - that should keep me going for a few days.

I’ve enjoyed nurturing my tomato plants - seeds squished out of a squashy tomato at the beginning of lockdown, and now about 8 inches tall and robust looking, fingers Xed.
Very small garden, so not much gardening.
I’ve enjoyed neglecting the housework for more interesting/creative things - not that I was ever one for going mad with the duster and vacuum cleaner anyway, not unless anyone was coming to stay.

Missee Sun 07-Jun-20 00:03:57

Torquoise5 there are lots of free knitting patterns at love knitting website. Enjoy

suzywhoo Sun 07-Jun-20 16:07:12

Baking, sewing and experimenting with photographs. I had not sewn properly for 25 years made
2 girls 'crop top and short sets'
About 50 facecoverings for adults and kids in the family & still ongoing
Peg bags
and an apron or 2
Baking away from the mundane I have never stopped baking just fell into the habit of victoria sandwich or biscuits. My favourites are ( which I modified) a mint tray bake (with out baking) which I suppose ended up as a kind of mint rocky road, and a toffee apple pecan cake yum yum (added some fudge for good luck) - and doing work out videos to get try and work some of the calories off
Experimenting putting photos on to different surfaces
..........do you know writing it down has made me feel better that I haven't completely wasted the last 3 months thank you grin

Cs783 Tue 09-Jun-20 07:32:54

Oh yes Destin podcasts while walking! Desert Island Discs has a huge archive. Plus I love pure ‘talkies’ - loads to enjoy - but I’ve yet to try music tho that might help me with walking briskly ;)