Gransnet forums

Chat

Should I be so upset?

(105 Posts)
Glamnan123 Sat 06-Jun-20 21:02:46

Hi there. Sorry this is my first post and it’s a moan but I’ve just become a grandma today and even though I’m close to my son and his partner apart from posting the news on our group family WhatsApp, he’s not actually rung me. Am I being too sensitive? I know people do things differently nowadays but I’m really hurt. I’m so happy for them but feel like it’s going to be a bit of an anti climax when I hear from him.

Thanks

Katyj Mon 08-Jun-20 11:12:55

Aww pen that’s a shame they volunteered for everyday ! Why would you when you were waiting, you’d think they’d appreciate a day off. Wonder if they’ll regret it ?

jojochurchy Mon 08-Jun-20 13:53:18

please be tolerant. My DD informed us of our DGD's arrival by text, my DH objected, and they haven't spoken since - five years later. So sad.

janeayressister Mon 08-Jun-20 16:04:09

As a mother of children with partners, you have to put a tight lid on your needs, wants and emotions. Even tighter when it comes to DILs. Read the DIL-MIL threads on here and take care.
Try and remember what receiving advice from your MIL felt like. Mine wanted to give me her huge heavy pram that wouldn’t fit into the boot of our car, and was rather ungracious when I declined it.
I am afraid you have to take whatever your grown up children give you in term as of time and attention. You love them more than they love you.
With my children’s various wives and husbands, I always preface every sentence with ‘ what do you think of this idea ‘ or ‘ is it OK with you if ?
I am on good terms with them all as I keep my mouth shut.

Bluegrass Mon 08-Jun-20 19:30:54

Forgot to add, congratulations! My son had twins and one was poorly and it is a stressful and emotional time for the whole family. It's not all plain sailing but wonderful times are ahead for you all. Hope all is well soon.