Gransnet forums

Chat

Just seen a NEWS report on the shops that have reopened

(38 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Jun-20 10:57:37

According to the report most of the High Street brands have got queing such places like Primark.
Unless you know what you want its easy as in some cases fitting rooms are out of use.
Gather buying shoes or even books , you may pick the item up and not buy , it then is stacked elsewhere for 72 hours before it can displayed again.
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Tue 16-Jun-20 09:17:02

MissAdventure you are correct, according to GrandpaGravy I am single handedily trying to keep certain stores going ?

MissAdventure Tue 16-Jun-20 09:21:40

That's very unselfish of you, grannygravy grin

BlueBelle Tue 16-Jun-20 09:33:00

Oopsadaisy the charity shop I work in is probably not going to be opened till July but there are lots of things already put in place Donations will be double bagged and left for 72 hours we have a counter screen up , one way traffic and 4 customers at a time plus no trying on, goodS brought back will again be stored for 72 hours
It’s going to be very difficult but no worse than ordinary shops I guess
I m looking forward to a wander round town we can’t hide away for ever this virus isn’t going to disappear it’s going to be lurking around for probably years popping up every now and then we can’t stay in hiding for the rest of our lives

GrannyGravy13 Tue 16-Jun-20 09:33:52

Well I have to have something that fits me (who knew that baking actually shrunk clothes?) when we are allowed to meet up at Cafe Max for coffee and cake ?☕️

GrannyGravy13 Tue 16-Jun-20 09:34:42

That post was to MissAdventure

Calendargirl Tue 16-Jun-20 09:35:12

It’s not all the younger generation addicted to shopping. Various threads on GN show how many shoes, boots, handbags, not to mention clothes that many older ladies buy, either online or in person.

MissAdventure Tue 16-Jun-20 09:39:29

I'll be going past there on the bus in about 10 mins, grannygravy.

I'll try and crane my neck and see when they're open. smile

Calendargirl Tue 16-Jun-20 09:40:01

One of our local charity shops was opening yesterday, only 3 or 4 at a time, one way system, donations to be taken round to the back door.
I hope they are not inundated with stuff, they only look to have a small store room.
I imagine many donations will go straight to the skip, as they will just have nowhere to put them, and if shop clothes have to be quarantined for 72 hours after being touched......

bikergran Tue 16-Jun-20 09:48:29

Whilst working yesterday I spoke to a Customer who had Queued 3 hours! to go into local Halifax branch.

One person serving who was also multi tasking helping people set up new accounts, other staff apparently just wandering round.

3 hour queues at Sports Direct.

MissAdventure Tue 16-Jun-20 09:49:07

I was having a huge declutter just before all this, so, I'm stuck with bags of stuff.
No way do I want to struggle down to a charity shop with them, and I've no idea when post will be back to normal, so selling on is not an option, either.

Teetime Tue 16-Jun-20 09:58:47

I will probably go and have a look round the town (medium sized market town) and see if I can support the small local shops. The two large shops I regularly shop in are JL and Debenhams and they are not opening in our nearest town yet. I would like some new make up so will have to wait to go for that but otherwise everything is on line and much more convenient to try things on at home - I may never go browse shopping again.

ginny Tue 16-Jun-20 10:58:43

Only shopping in local shops for a while yet. I will only venture to the main town when I really have to.
I’m trying to understand why some people are happy to be in crowds to go shopping but don’t think it safe to go back to work.