Gransnet forums

Chat

What a sad person I am!

(62 Posts)
phoenix Thu 25-Jun-20 16:53:13

Hello all, hope you are all safe and well.

I'm a bit sad that my appointment at the salon has had to be cancelled, but grin at the news that Mr P says we can buy a new washer/dryer! (The current one is one it's last legs, makes a noise like a jumbo jet taking off when it is on the spin cycle)

So, I'm sad that I can't currently have my facial hair ripped out by the roots, but chuffed that I can have a new, essential (in my opinion) household appliance!

confused

GrannySomerset Thu 25-Jun-20 16:57:45

Like you, phoenix, I never expected to be someone who would be thrilled by a new domestic appliance. How are the mighty fallen!

lemongrove Thu 25-Jun-20 17:14:02

Here, it’s like Christmas when the shopping delivery arrives, that’s how low we have sunk to on the happiness scale!?

Never mind Phoenix it’s a chance to grow your hair again.

phoenix Thu 25-Jun-20 17:18:04

lemongrove quite happy to let the hair on my head do it's own thing, even though I've gone from a sort of Judi Dench type pixie cut to something that looks like a helmet (my hair does grow at a ridiculous rate) but the facial hair is quite another matter!

I had to Veet my 'tash yesterday!

Feelingmyage55 Thu 25-Jun-20 17:25:34

I am very excited about being able to go the dump by appointment. Will I be made welcome and given special treatment or just ignored as usual?

Feelingmyage55 Thu 25-Jun-20 17:28:13

Phoenix, you are clearly a glass half full person getting one out of the two wishes you have?

Nanabanana1 Thu 25-Jun-20 17:33:50

Hi Feelingmyage55 are you by any chance in Torbay, as I too am excited about my appointment to go to the tip??

MiniMoon Thu 25-Jun-20 17:35:17

Ooh, I love a new appliance. Just before Christmas my DH bought me a Ninja Foodi 5 in 1 cooker. It's a bit like an Instant pot but more versatile. I wasnt expecting it, and to begin with I was scared of it ?.
I think I use it most days now.

As for the facial hair, I keep on top of that myself with the tweezers and my little rotary shaver.
The hair on my head was a nice cropped pixie cut, now its like nothing on earth.
I'm on the list for my hairdresser when she eventually reopens.

phoenix Thu 25-Jun-20 17:41:40

Feelingmyage55 I think you might be right, the only work colleague that I've seen since lockdown when we had to close (my office is only used by me, and I've only popped in occasionally, mainly to pay the wages!) his studio is downstairs, we chat from the top/bottom of the stairs) has said that he thinks in a bit "Pollyanna" in that I tend to look at the positive bits!

I hope that's a compliment! confused

EllanVannin Thu 25-Jun-20 17:42:56

And my new Hoover was delivered this morning, but I'm too hot and sticky to start undoing the box let alone try it out grin

The poor " unbelted " Shark cleaner is standing---sulking sad

ninathenana Thu 25-Jun-20 17:43:51

I had a pixie cut too but now resemble a bag lady. I phoned my salon today, answer phone said leave name, number and stylist name and we will call you with next available appointment. YEAY !
Like MiniMoon tweezers and razor deal with the other problem.

GrandmasueUK Thu 25-Jun-20 17:49:25

I've got excited about my new washing machine arriving next week. I was reading reviews and even watched videos of some of the high-end ones. A double-decker washing machine - who knew? Although at almost £2,500 I'd expect it to put the washing away when it finished! It doesn't even have a wool programme! This is not the one I went for grin

phoenix Thu 25-Jun-20 17:56:52

HOW MUCH!

Goodness, GrandmasueUK

I have a list of requirements, and yes I have made a spreadsheet for comparison purposes blush

Have narrowed it down to 3, all of which are well under £500.

Calendargirl Thu 25-Jun-20 17:58:51

£2500? For a washing machine?
!!!!!

??????

lemongrove Thu 25-Jun-20 18:41:32

phoenix

lemongrove quite happy to let the hair on my head do it's own thing, even though I've gone from a sort of Judi Dench type pixie cut to something that looks like a helmet (my hair does grow at a ridiculous rate) but the facial hair is quite another matter!

I had to Veet my 'tash yesterday!

What about the beard and the chest though??

jaybee66 Fri 26-Jun-20 08:57:01

I love seeing the washing drying on the line in the garden.

travelsafar Fri 26-Jun-20 09:04:03

Just got an appointment at my hairdresser for a much need cut, so happy!!!!

TrendyNannie6 Fri 26-Jun-20 09:22:12

I was over the moon when I got my new washing machine the other day, washing everything in sight

b1zzle Fri 26-Jun-20 09:26:40

Oh the thrill of being able to go to the health food shop again - especially now they've got their soya yoghurt deliveries back!

Happysexagenarian Fri 26-Jun-20 09:29:21

The thing that excites me most at the moment is the weekly bakery delivery - fresh bread baked that morning that's still warm, locally made butter, gorgeous jam doughnuts and fresh rolls - Mmmmm!

Theoddbird Fri 26-Jun-20 09:31:44

Things like facial hair can be sorted yourself...lots of products available.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 26-Jun-20 09:33:12

I have a hair appointment for mid July, unfortunately I have just heard from the beautician that my waxing and nail appointment has been cancelled ?

On the appliance front...........fridge has stopped making ice, wine fridge has broken and the hot water tap has developed a leak.............not sure what will be replaced first?

Theoddbird Fri 26-Jun-20 09:33:42

Blzzle you can buy soya yogurt in any supermarket now...range of flavours as well. x

Cabbie21 Fri 26-Jun-20 09:43:07

My hairdresser phoned me about three weeks ago and gave me a provisional appointment for 16 July. I am wondering if DH will ask me not to go. He is vulnerable ( not extremely ) and if he caught CV he would be very ill, so I am reluctant to put him at risk, but I am desperate to get my hair cut.

GrammaH Fri 26-Jun-20 09:50:11

We've started going for regular drives on a Sunday to explore the lesser known roads around our beautiful county. It's the highlightof my week and I really look forward to it. We rarely see anyone as we meander around admiring the views and listening to the sounds of the countryside. We take a picnic and find a nice place to stop - idyllic.