Gransnet forums

Chat

What a sad person I am!

(63 Posts)
phoenix Thu 25-Jun-20 16:53:13

Hello all, hope you are all safe and well.

I'm a bit sad that my appointment at the salon has had to be cancelled, but grin at the news that Mr P says we can buy a new washer/dryer! (The current one is one it's last legs, makes a noise like a jumbo jet taking off when it is on the spin cycle)

So, I'm sad that I can't currently have my facial hair ripped out by the roots, but chuffed that I can have a new, essential (in my opinion) household appliance!

confused

Puzzler61 Fri 26-Jun-20 18:28:02

My DH is happy if I buy something, as it makes him feel less of a spendthrift. He is receiving deliveries from Amazon weekly!

Greciangirl Fri 26-Jun-20 20:27:16

Puzzled as to why you had your appointment cancelled.

sodapop Fri 26-Jun-20 20:33:41

Thanks skunkhair63 it's appreciated smile

grannyrebel7 Fri 26-Jun-20 20:37:38

I love anything new! Strangely though the thought of buying new clothes doesn't interest me atm. Don't know why when I used to spend lots on clothes.

phoenix Fri 26-Jun-20 20:38:11

Ok, explanations!

Appointment cancelled because although hairdressers can open, beauty salons can't.

And I should have said that what my husband, Mr P, actually said was therethere was sufficient funds available for us to be able to afford a new washing machine.

Actually, Foghornleghorn if you look back at the o.p. I didn't use the term "let me buy" at all!

Feel free to judge and comment, but check first to make sure you're on the right track.

GreenGran78 Fri 26-Jun-20 22:47:31

When taking in my washing yesterday I noticed that my washing-line was splitting in a few places.
Today, I went to our local market. But not one stall holder had a line. Likewise in Wilko’s. I felt quite excited and relieved when I finally tracked down a shiny blue one in our B & M Bargains. Not a colour I would have chosen normally, but at least my washing won’t end up on the ground next washing day.

rosemarigold Sat 27-Jun-20 05:51:47

lemonGrove....That's funny! (me too!)

Toots Sat 27-Jun-20 07:47:44

skunkhair63 ?????

Toots Sat 27-Jun-20 07:52:09

Lucy127 Your toilet sounds wonderful!... never heard of a "smart" toilet before.. I'd be excited too!.. (what are we like!.. I blame lockdown ?)

FoghornLeghorn Sat 27-Jun-20 13:20:10

Mr P says we can buy a new washer/dryer!

Phoenix. He still gave permission though, whatever the wording. Still, if you’re happy that’s all that matters. ?‍♀️ It’s just an alien concept to me.

B9exchange Sat 27-Jun-20 20:51:28

I am convinced various inanimate objects have seen lockdown as an opportunity to go on permanent furlough. Hairdryer packed up almost on the same day, electric toothbrush two days later, and then my washing machine. Thank goodness for Amazon and Hughes Direct.

Hairdresser texted me an appointment for 6th July (whooppeee!) but my daughter is now cross with me as the first one she could get, same hairdresser, same salon, is 13th July!

Fran3669 Sun 28-Jun-20 00:25:32

FoghornLeghorn

*Mr P says we can buy a new washer/dryer!*

Phoenix. He still gave permission though, whatever the wording. Still, if you’re happy that’s all that matters. ?‍♀️ It’s just an alien concept to me.

How do you see permission being granted in the OP?

It looks like a normal conversation to me. I could buy anything I wanted without my husband’s ‘permission’, and vice versa, but we decide these things together.