Gransnet forums

Chat

Just something overheard

(128 Posts)
MissAdventure Wed 08-Jul-20 18:30:33

That I've nobody to share with.

My grandson was chatting on the phone to his friend, and getting ready to go and play football at the same time.

He was putting on his jacket (fresh off the line) and I heard "Oh maan! I've just found an absolute earwig in my jacket!" grin

Callistemon Sat 11-Jul-20 09:43:47

Ps it was an Absolute Spider

Growing0ldDisgracefully Sun 12-Jul-20 18:26:25

Just wondering if it is an earwig year? As in many years ago there were huge swarms of ladybirds? I ask because normally I rarely see earwigs, yet this week at our caravan, there are loads - found one in our sliced bread in an upper cupboard in the van, another lurking in the bathroom, and various of them on and in the awning. We are on the same site as we have been using for 26 years, on pretty much the same pitch and never been visited by them before.
On another sluggy note, I remember years ago strimming the grass, feeling something wet on my bare arm, and found that one unfortunate slug had fallen victim to the strimmer, and had festooned its dismembered remains all down my arm. I think the whole street must have heard my shrieks of revulsion! Not a good day for me or the slug.