Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(56 Posts)
12Michael Fri 24-Jul-20 06:13:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning, quiet day today , with small shop and face mask use in the supermarket for 1st time .
Mind you it will become a common item of use , supermarkets and other shops plus take aways as well plus buses and trains etc .
Nothing planned otherwise for myself.
Take Care ,
Mick

Aldom Fri 24-Jul-20 10:38:44

Morning Mick and everyone. I'm sitting in my garden with coffee, in cool, breezy Oxfordshire. BladeAnnie I had the tear duct in my left eye cauterized a few years ago. Will be thinking of you. Oh! the sun has come out, what a surprise. Off to do some shopping now, will wear a pink face mask to match my jeans. ? Thinking of all with difficulties, illness or sadness. Especially my dear friend whose son has a short time left to live.

Kalu Fri 24-Jul-20 10:57:31

Good morning all from an other day of sunshine in Perthshire. Did a fair amount of gardening yesterday and as I was lost in my task, didn’t hear the doorbell but got a lovely surprise when I heard, yoohoo, and two lovely nearby neighbours had popped in to say welcome back with a box full of fresh produce and a bottle of wine. Word gets around quickly here!? Tools down, texted my nearest neighbour R who is on her own to come and join us for lunch which was a long lazy affair of catching up. Such a good feeling for the four of us to enjoy each other’s company again.

Beds stripped and washing out. A shopping trip to Auchterarder to stock up food and wine and now, back to gardening.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and wishing a better day for those who are having difficult times.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 24-Jul-20 10:59:55

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate! I am planning to walk into town with DH just to see if I can!! Not really planning to shop. I just want to see what's open and what's not! I have DD2 and grandson coming tomorrow, then I shall have to be back in Lockdown for 2 weeks because I shall be having a small foot op.
Marydoll, you'll have to send me your recipe for tablet - last time I tried to make it I failed miserably!
Have a nice day all.

Feelingmyage55 Fri 24-Jul-20 11:35:22

Good morning from a sunny north of Scotland. Two visits to the dump and the joiner has arrived to do a repair. All these people! It’s Friday and I’m going to give myself a half day - from what ?.

Nortsat Fri 24-Jul-20 17:04:15

Urmston thank you ... that could be awkward.

Spangler, whoops... many apologies for my assumption as to your gender. ?