Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(60 Posts)
12Michael Thu 06-Aug-20 06:14:03

Good Morning Everyone ,
Looking like a dull grey start here in Brackley this morning , my usual day today using the bus services to Buckingham and then Bicester.
I cannot wait for the weekend , so I can watch some live cycling on TV , I have already watched some replays since the season restarted and although the event was from Italy you still had small clusters of spectators , social distancing of course .
Take Care ,
Mick

CherryCezzy Thu 06-Aug-20 11:26:48

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's very grey here in Gower but it is warm.

? Happy Birthday Scentia ? ?. Hope you have a fab birthday and enjoy your time in Whitby ?

Pleased to hear that Mr gillybob is now treated and home and well. Sorry to hear that you had a bad night though gillybob. I do hope it's onward and upward ? for you both now, and your business ?

Oh Marydoll sorry to hear that you are still suffering. We all want you to be well. ??? for you.

Nortsat, thank you for your daily well wishes. I'm only sorry to hear that you have been advised to shield for another month ?.

Welcome to GN Anzie ?. Sorry to hear that your big 50th anniversary celebrations have been put on hold. The most important thing though is that you and your DH celebrate 50 years of happy union together.

Thinking of dragonfly and BlueSapphire. I hope each of you are getting stronger bit by bit ??

Annsixty I wish I could take your pain away and hurry your operation up. Take gentle care of yourself ?

Stay safe one and all and be kind to yourselves ❤️

Kalu Thu 06-Aug-20 11:44:06

A late good morning everyone from a much brighter day in Glasgow.

A warm welcome anzi. What a disappointment as your plans to celebrate your golden wedding anniversary have been spoiled through the selfish action of others.
Happy Birthday Scentia. Enjoy your trip to Whitby.
Delighted to hear your DH’s procédure is over at last gilly. Hope your legs behave tonight and you have a much needed sleep.
I was laughing at your late night caller Marydoll Boy, did he choose the wrong one to annoy, probably lying in a darkened room to recover. ?
Sorry to hear you have another month of shielding Nortsat Understandably disappointing for you but necessary to take care of yourself until you feel safe to enjoy going out for dinner.

Have a pleasant day all and best wishes for those having difficult times.

Gwyneth Thu 06-Aug-20 11:48:17

Morning everyone
Beautiful day here in Northumberland for a change so making the most of it and getting out into the garden. Have a great day and enjoy the ? ☀️ sunshine

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 06-Aug-20 11:56:51

Good Morning all from cloudy Harrogate (with better things to come!)
Just now I am watching 'BabyBus' with my GD who is enjoying an ice lolly!! Today I shall be dictated to my small child, who is watching the skip (containing our old garden wall) being collected. Now next door is demanding my husband goes to see the wall on her side - she's refusing to pay anything towards it, so I assume there is something she doesn't like about it!
Watch this space!!

Taichinan Thu 06-Aug-20 12:12:50

Welcome anzie. I''m down the coast from you and isn't it a gorgeous day! So sorry your plans for your Golden Wedding celebration have had to be cancelled and like you I am furious with the inconsiderate thoughtless numpties who have caused this return to lockdown. Best wishes for the happiest of days with your DH on Saturday ????

grandMattie Thu 06-Aug-20 12:38:22

georgesgran, we did see the van Taullekan programme and it frightened the pants off DH. It wasn't very well explained and I didn't think it was well balanced. I'm very cynical so take the rough with the smooth, but, hey ho...

Marydoll Thu 06-Aug-20 12:50:29

Nortsat, I'm sorry to hear you are still having to shield. I'm in a similar position, as I'm am immunosuppressed at the moment on top of everything else.
However, we do know it is for the best.
I won't be going anywhere anytime soon, unless its deserted, or for hospital visits. I can't even get my bloods done at GP surgery.
I don't think want to go out anyway!
Take care!

Rufus2 Thu 06-Aug-20 13:12:55

so I can watch some live cycling on TV
Mick That cycling crash on TV News from the"Tour de Pologne" looked pretty "live" and painful with Fabio Jakolsen having to be put in a coma. sad
Those boys certainly go hard with their sport!
Good Health. OoRoo

felice Thu 06-Aug-20 13:37:57

Good afternoon from a very hot and sunny Brussels. Into the garden with DGS this afternoon, something different haha.
I will sit under the trees with a cold Belgian beer and a large bucket of water beside me.
DGS will run up and down the garden while I throw plastic cups of water at him, his version of dodge ball, keeps him happy for ages.